Powermatic - Belt/Disc Sander, Model 31A 1PH 1-1/2HP
- 2017 Wood Magazine Top Tool Award Winner
Tackle the most demanding sanding tasks with the 31A from Powermatic. Full cast iron construction allows both metal and woodworking to be done on the same machine. Single Phase, 1PH with a solid,...
Item 818917Model 708595
Item 818987Model 708597K
Item 811138Model 708599
Item 836778Model 1791292K
Item 850180Model 50-112
• Articulating table mounted on 6" x 48" belt sander head can be used vertically, horizontally, or angled
• 12" balanced disc
• Tilting table adjusts between 15° to 45°
• Miter slot in table
• Belt head has an indexing pin with stops at 0, 45° and 90°; the head lock allows use at any angle in-between.
• Can be used for contour sanding by removing the top guard.
• Fast, accurate, and simple set-up for any angle with its miter gauge slots and positive stops.
• Integral Dual Dust Port keeps both belt and disc portions clean, extending abrasive life.
Shipping / Billing Information
All shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 approximately business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
All returns must be pre-approved. Any non-warranty returns must be unused and in original packaging. A 25% restock fee will apply. Customer pays return freight. Please call our Customer Service Dept. at 1-800-535-4482 with any return questions.
Because this item is purchased and shipped directly from the manufacturer, their warranty supersedes any offered by Woodcraft. Click here for Powermatic Warranty
Instructions / MSDS
Just got it
A new 31A was delivered over the weekend. I was impressed by how smoothly the machine runs, and by how effective dust collection is. I have just tried it a little, but found that the disc sander cuts a stick of maple like butter.
The best "quality" sander that does an exceptional job. Easy belt change and maintenance. Powermatic customer service is second to none. Had a small deep scratch on the base when delivered and they sent me a whole new base without asking!
I chose this sander over the similarly priced Jet sander because: - It is about 30 lbs heavier (for stability) - The motor is located down low in the base- also good for stability - It is a standard type motor, in case it needs to be replaced. The Jet looks like it has a specialty motor Great, solid stable sander.
Great for Pattren Making
A good adhesive such as Norton's new red ceramic belts are a required addition to this machine - do not overload with too many belts (two or three is enough) - a 180 grit and an 80 grit work well for me. The 12 inch disc I use most is the 36 grit (but that is just me). SAVE the backing for the discs - they can be reapplied to discs for reuse.
Worth while shop addition
Well packed for shipping, arrived with all parts and nothing broken. Used in my shop for tweeking patterns along with an oscillating spindle sander. Very useful for box making. Plan for 4" dust collection if your a frequent user. I am adding a heavy duty mobile platform for additional working height (I'm tall),ease of use in different locations around my shop and cleaning around it. You'll easily invest another $200 in additional belt and disc sand paper grits.