Soft Touch Sanding Pad Assortment - 3" x 4" - 9 Piece
The super-fine grit of this Soft Touch Sanding Pad Assortment from Micro-Mesh® will give all of your projects that “wet look” finish. The 2-sided cushioned abrasive pads may be used either wet or dry to put a sheen on bare wood or a beautiful luster on finish coatings. Abrasive crystals...
- Foam backed, 2-sided micro mesh sanding pads
- Allows you to create a "wet look" finish on your woodworking projects
- Abrasive crystals last up to 15 times longer than normal abrasives
- Nicely fit into the hand
- No sanding blocks required
- Conform easily to curved surfaces
- Pad Dimensions: 3" W x 4" L
- Grit: Ultra-fine - 1,500 to 12,000
- (1) 9 Piece Soft Touch Sanding Pad Assortment includes one each of 1500, 1800, 2400, 3200, 3600, 4000, 6000, 8000, and 12,000 grit pads
Great for pens
These pads are great for finishing pens and after cutting them in half, they go a long way!
worked so well I bought more
I make duck and goose calls. When the turning on the lathe is done, I sand the call with fine grit sand paper and then I use fine steel wool. After that, I use the micro mesh sand pads. Start with the courses one and go down the line to the finest grit. You will be amazed at the finish you get,I was, and if you want it to look even better, buff it on a buffing wheel.
Create the ultimate shine!
I finish my sanding with 800 grit sandpaper wet or dry, then start with the Micro-mesh. These work best on synthetic surfaces but also on hard, dense woods. Wet and/or dry polishing works well. I cut the 3 X 4 inch pads in half. Heat is the enemy of these pads, if you always wet sand they last for 50 or more pens. If you want a gloss finish you need to learn how to use these.
Micro-Mesh pads work quite well for pens
Micro-Mesh pads work very well for finishing pen blanks. I cut the 3" X 4" pads in half to use for finishing pens and the cost is a little more reasonable than buying the 2" x 2" pads. I have used these on several acrylic pens as well as some high oil content wood pens which don't require any other finish.
Micro MeshItem 150860
Micro MeshItem 145983
Micro MeshItem 150863