M-POWER Point-2-Point MK2
After 13 years of manufacturing and selling the Point 2 Point, MPOWER is proud to announce the launch of the New Point 2 Point Mk2.Equal Spacing Indicator. Work out the correct number and position...
Equal Spacing Indicator. Work out the correct number and position of biscuits, dowels, screws, pins, coat hook peg, or quickly calculate the maximum number of strips that can be cut from a board.
The Point 2 Point Mk2 really saves time and gives an instant visual guide to the size and number of divisions possible on a workpiece.
Multiple uses: Not just for woodworkers! Pleats on curtains, buttons on shirts and all other sorts of layout tasks in arts and craft studios can be simplified. We’ve even had chefs subdividing cakes in the kitchen.
- New Feature: Center Point Finder. Expand the Point 2 Point Mk2 over the width of a board, and the centered indicator shows the exact middle of the board.
- New Feature: 20% Larger. The Mk2 boasts a maximum extension of over 2-1/2'' with spacing between individual points now exceeding 5".
- New Feature: Better Build Quality. We’ve increased the thickness of the aluminum mechanism by 50%, making it a good deal more robust. The Pinch-Bolts are also larger, making them more efficient and easier to handle.
- New Feature: Quick Lock. We’ve reduced the number of Pinch-Bolts from four down to two, so it’s much quicker to lock in your settings.
- New Feature: Smoother Action. The reduction of moving parts has increased the overall tolerance of the assembly, reducing play and improving the scissor mechanism action.
Great for pinning so far, jury still out on this one
Not perfect but it does work
The tool reduces the need to measure out evenly spaced points on your work and it is fast and easy to use. As a precaution I still measure the points when extreme accuracy is needed as the point to point tool is not dead on. If you want a quick way to get close to even spacing on your project this tool does work.
I used it to hang up pegs for my coffee mugs in the kitchen - this little tool made it so much easier and evenly spaced! would highly recommend it for many uses!