For the train enthusiast, Ugears presents the 460 Steam Locomotive with Tender craft kit. Combining all the technical artistic innovations that builders have come to appreciate in the Ugears products, richly detailed for an eye toward realism and romance, this version is an indelible symbol of the 19th century technology and adventure capturing the imagination of all who see it. Rubber band driven with a gear array instead of superheated steam, the main mechanism looks and operates very much like that of a real steam engine. Up close, you can see working asynchronous pistons and valves that transfer power to the locomotive's drive wheels through a moving system of rods, linkages and cranks.
Small touches like a fully detailed engineer's cab with retractable step ladder, art-deco boiler trim, and open-up Tender with coal doors, complete this beautiful reminder of a bygone era. The Ugears' 460 Locomotive with Tender is Ugears largest, most complex kit to date. With Ugears patented plywood joint design and rigorous engineering and quality control process, a hobbyist can complete this model in a single sitting.
For an original gift idea or an engaging hobby that encourages family time around the table, Ugears kits provide hours of enjoyment. SpecificationsEstimated time to assemble: 14 to 16 hours.
- Locomotive: 12" L x 3.9" W x 4.9" H
- Tender: 6.3" L x 3.5" W x 4.5" H
- 443 piece kit
- Step-by-step, full color. easy to follow instructions included
- Assembly required; no glue needed
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
For product issues, damaged, missing or miss-cut boards, visit www.ugears.com for assistance. Returns not allowed unless damaged or defective.
Warranty applies to any damaged or defective part within 30 days of purchase.