Variable Speed Mini Lathe - Model 1015VS
Shipping Fee of $38.00
Are you looking for an affordable, user-friendly first lathe? Maybe you’re an advanced enthusiast or professional who wants to add a full-featured mini-lathe to the shop. The JET® 1015 Variable Speed lathe is an excellent choice for both purposes. Turn out any number of projects with...
Are you looking for an affordable, user-friendly first lathe? Maybe you’re an advanced enthusiast or professional who wants to add a full-featured mini-lathe to the shop. The JET® 1015 Variable Speed lathe is an excellent choice for both purposes. Turn out any number of projects with this sturdy, smooth-running 15” mini-lathe with its power, precision and versatility.
- 15-1/2" between centers
- Integrated 24 position indexing
- Improved tensioning system with easier access to belts
- Wider bed ways provide increased rigidity
- Live center in the tailstock
- Three spindle speed ranges: 600-3600; 300-1750; 200-1050
- Motor Voltage: 115V
- Motor Amps: 4A
- Motor Horsepower: 1/2 HP
- Motor Phase: Single
- Recommended Circuit Size (Amps): 10
- Number of Indexing Positions 24
- Distance Between Centers: 15-1/2"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 7-5/16"
- Swing Over Bed: 10"
- Headstock Spindle Thread: 1" x 8 TPI
- Headstock Spindle Bore: 3/8"
- Headstock Spindle Taper: MT2
- Tailstock Quill Taper: MT2
- Tailstock Maximum Quill Travel: 2"
- Bed Construction: Cast Iron
- Assembled Machine Dimensions: 26L x 7W x 14H
- (1) Variable Speed Mini Lathe - Model 1015VS
- (1) Live center
- (1) Spur center
- (1) Knockout rod
- (1) Tool Support - 6”
- (1) Face Plate - 3”
- (1) Operating instructions & parts manual
- (1) Product registration card
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Turning has become quite a growing art with new and different innovations hitting the market in recent years. It is an art that dates back to around 1300 BC when a two-person lathe was developed by the Egyptians. One person would turn the wood with a rope while the other used a sharp tool to cut shapes in the wood. I guess you could say we’ve come a long way in technology. But with the decline of industrial arts programs in our schools, the education of hands-on woodshop activity has seemingly been left to one organization which has taken on the responsibility of making sure the art of woodturning lives on. That organization is the American Association of Woodtuners (AAW). This organization is an international, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization with over 15,000 members in the United States and throughout 33 different countries with 350 AAW Chapters. These chapters are independent organizations of local enthusiasts who come together to learn more about the craft and enjoy fellowship with other turners. Their voluntary mission is to provide education, information, and organization to those interested in the art and craft of woodturning.
donation helps youth learn to turn at American Association of Woodturners
(October 2016) On the weekend of Nov. 11-12, 2016, hundreds of woodturners will gather at participating Woodcraft stores across the country to make special thank-you gifts for military personnel during the 13th Woodcraft Turn for Troops National Turn-a-Thon. Turn a pen to thank an American service member!
AAW programs to teach
youth and the visually impaired the art of woodturning are growing at the
national symposium level and expanding into local communities around the