Variable Speed Mini Lathe, Model 1015VS
Only a Few Left!
Are you looking for an affordable, user-friendly first lathe? Maybe you’re an advanced enthusiast or professional who wants to add a full-featured mini-lathe to the shop. The JET 1015 Variable...
- Motor: 1/2HP, 115V, 1 PH, 4A
- 15-1/2” between centers
- Three speed ranges: 200-1050, 300-1750 and 600-3600
- Integrated 24 position indexing
- Improved tensioning system with easier access to belts
- Wider bed ways provide increased rigidity
- Live center in the tailstock
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base (In): 7-5/16
- Swing Over Bed (In): 10
- Spindle Thread: 1"/8 TPI
- Spindle Taper: MT2
- Spindle Bore (In): 3/8
- Recommended Circuit Size (Amps.): 10
- Quill Travel (In): 2
- Quill Taper: MT2
- Distance Between Centers (In): 15-1/2
- Bed Construction: Cast Iron
- Assembled Machine Dimensions (In): 26L x 7W x 14H
- Stock Number: 719110
Articles & Blogs
Turning has become quite a growing art with new and different innovations hitting the market in recent years. It is an art that dates back to around 1300 BC when a two-person lathe was developed by the Egyptians. One person would turn the wood with a rope while the other used a sharp tool to cut shapes in the wood. I guess you could say we’ve come a long way in technology. But with the decline of industrial arts programs in our schools, the education of hands-on woodshop activity has seemingly been left to one organization which has taken on the responsibility of making sure the art of woodturning lives on. That organization is the American Association of Woodtuners (AAW). This organization is an international, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization with over 15,000 members in the United States and throughout 33 different countries with 350 AAW Chapters. These chapters are independent organizations of local enthusiasts who come together to learn more about the craft and enjoy fellowship with other turners. Their voluntary mission is to provide education, information, and organization to those interested in the art and craft of woodturning.
donation helps youth learn to turn at American Association of Woodturners
Turn a pen to thank an American service member!