8in Helical Head Jointer, Model JWJ-8HH
Shipping Fee of $99.00
You can move away from hand tools and advance to the JET JWJ-8HH 8" long bed jointer. This beast boasts a helical insert cutterhead with staggered carbide inserts, yet its 2HP motor runs quietly and smoothly. Its front-mounted table adjustment handwheels make quick, easy and accurate...
Items You May Need
- Helical cutterhead with indexable carbide inserts for a superior finish and quieter cut
- Extra-long, heavy-duty cast iron infeed and outfeed tables with precision machined finish
- Large chrome handwheels and easy-to-reach locks make table adjustments less of a hassle
- Tall, rigid fence provides added support
- Two-way tilting fence with positive stops at 45 degree and 90 degree to handle bevel operations
- Dual position magnetic controls provide long life and reliability, protecting the motor from potential electrical supply issues
- Built-in 4 dust chute connects to your collection system for efficient dust/chip disposal
- Fence adjustment levers are conveniently located in the center of the fence for quick access
- Powerful 2HP motor easily handles the toughest jointing tasks
- Heavy-duty, one-piece steel closed stand includes mounting tabs for increased stability
- Motor Power (HP): 2
- Dust Port Outside Diameter (In.): 4
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required (CFM): 350
- Table Height from Floor (In.): 31-1/4
- Fence Size (L x H) (In.): 38-1/2 x 4-3/4
- Table Size (L x W) (In.): 72 x 9
- Recommended Circuit Size (Amps.): 20
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Since the other review was about shipping, I had to write one that is actually about the machine. This thing is truly awesome! I was going to save a few bucks and get the 6" but after talking with many professionals I decided to 'buy once, cry once' and go for the 8" helical head. Boy and I glad I did as most of the rough sawn wood that I have purchased has been just about 7"-8" in width. That means I would have had to rip every board in half, joint it, then put glue it back if needed and I really didn't want that hassle. The unit came in 2 crates which were very heavy and you definitely need another strong person for lifting the bed onto the motor housing. Once I got it all put together, it was pretty darn co-planer out of the box. Of course I had to adjust the fence a bit to get it perfectly square, and I check it every time before use, and its still square. I do recommend having this hooked up to a dust collector with the 4" port. I initially had this hooked up to my shop vac through a cyclone, but that bucket would fill fast and it was hard to keep up with the amount of shavings, and I keep it pretty limited. A world of difference with my new Shop Fox dust collector. As for shipping, no problems at all.
Not the machine but what was shipped
Bought the 8” HH jointer last month. Came in two wooden crates marked accordingly for what was ordered only to find that the base didn’t match the assembly manual.... the motor on/off switch was incorrect. Besides that the jointer is quiet and cuts nicely. Needed minor fence and table adjustments.