Jet 1836 Drum Sander, Model JWDS-1836
For an effortless finish, use the JET 1836 Drum Sander. With its 1.75 horsepower, variable-speed rate, Sandsmart™ feature, and the mirrored design of the dust hood, the 1836 sander will meet...
You May Also Like
For an effortless finish, use the JET 1836 Drum Sander. With its 1.75 horsepower, variable-speed rate, Sandsmart™ feature, and the mirrored design of the dust hood, the 1836 sander will meet practically all your sanding needs – and do so with ease.
- Sandsmart™ control continuously monitors the load on the drum motor and automatically regulates the speed of the conveyor motor to maintain the highest feed rate without overload.
- The mirrored design of the dust hood optimizes dust collection. It includes an integrated channel that mirrors the shape of the drum and directs chips and dust to the 4" collection port, preventing chips and dust from getting between your work-piece and the finish.
- 1.75 horsepower motor delivers plenty of power to the handle for just about any sanding task.
- The innovative tool-less parallelism system keeps adjustments simple.
- Worktable is easily positioned by a turn of the parallelism dial.
- Variable-speed rate allows you to choose the optimal feed rate for a full range of projects.
- Conveyor bed parallelism is easily adjusted by turning the dial on the outside of the bed - no tools required. It also features a stop to quickly return the conveyor bed to a flat position.
- Precision-machined and dynamically balanced extruded aluminum drum is designed to dissipate heat and protect the work surface from heat-damage.
- Precision-flattened reinforced steel conveyor bed.
- Redesigned conveyor system pulls the workpiece through the sander instead of pushing.
- One rotation of the top-position handwheel adjusts the drum height by 1/16".
- The relative depth scale on the handwheel allows the user to reset and measure the depth for every project.
- The easy to read relative depth scale on the handwheel allows for simple depth adjustments.
- The redesigned dust hood has integrated channels that force the chips and dust to the 4” collection port.
- Sandsmart™ control is a closed loop system designed to monitor the load on the drum motor, allowing you to make precise adjustments to the feed conveyor to assure the highest feed rate allowable for your application.
- A precision machined aluminum drum that has been dynamically balanced provides a true round surface for your sanding needs. The drum is designed to dissipate heat which helps protect the work surface from heat damage.
- 20”x37” steel stand provides a solid base to mount your 1836 sander.
- Comes standard with an integrated shelf and predrilled holes for casters or feet.
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 2-5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.