Homestead Transfast Dye Powder, Medium Walnut
Developed by renowned furniture restorer and finisher Jeff Jewitt, these TransFast water-soluble powder dyes outperform any we have tried. Because the dyes contain no fillers or extenders, each 1...
You May Also Like
- Water-soluble concentrated medium walnut dye in powder form
- Mixed with water, it is nonflammable, zero-VOC, and low odor
- Very economical and safe to use
- Can be topcoated with any finishing material
- Indefinite shelf life as long as kept in a cool, dry area
Instructions / MSDS
Simple, Fast, Effective
I bought this dye powder to spray an entire kitchen's worth of cabinets. I used Baltic Birch plywood and sprayed this water based dye with a HVLP gun (1.3mm tip at ~70 max psi). It went on quickly, with very little splotchiness (more of a gun set up issue) and was very simple to see results. This product dries extremely quickly in the proper environment; A cabinet was dry to the touch in less than 10 minutes. This was my first foray into spray finishing, and this really takes the cake over rubbing on oil stain! I finished with 3 coats of sprayed shellac (alcohol based) - and the finish really pops. I would suggest NOT using a water based finish over top of this dye, as that may dilute the dye.