Digital Moisture Meter - Pin Style
General’s ultra-sensitive Digital Moisture Meter easily detects hidden leaks in wood, concrete, plaster and carpet. Providing accurate moisture level readings make this moisture meter great for new home inspections, locating roof leaks or even selecting dry lumber at the...
General’s ultra-sensitive Digital Moisture Meter easily detects hidden leaks in wood, concrete, plaster and carpet. Providing accurate moisture level readings make this moisture meter great for new home inspections, locating roof leaks or even selecting dry lumber at the yard.
- LCD display, wide measuring range, strong stainless steel pins, audible alarms and battery status indication
- Display will show the moisture content in “% Moisture Content” directly
- Ideal for moisture detection in woodworking, building construction, agriculture restoration and floor-laying
- Used to check wood, drywall and concrete before painting, sealing or treating and locate and identify water leaks in roofs, floors & walls
- Ergonomically designed and CE approved
- Includes 9V battery and protective cover
- 99.9 count LCD has large 0.4" high digits
- Measurement resolution: ±0.1%
- Accurate to +/- 3%
- Type: Pin
- Model: MMD4E
- (1) General Tools Digital Moisture Meter with LCD Display
Articles & Blogs
Structurally sound and beautiful in appearance, wood is the ideal raw material. Woodworkers know that moisture content is the single most important factor affecting the quality of their project. To ensure quality, from the mill and dry kiln to the finished project, moisture meters help minimize defects such as shrinkage, cracks, and splits. Years of experience, high-tech tools, controls and premium grade lumber cannot make a difference if moisture content goes unchecked.
If you have ever marveled over the log furniture you have seen at Bass Pro Shops or Cabela’s, writer, photographer and woodworker Alan Garbers has a new book that might be right up your alley. From Tree to Table offers the aspiring craftsperson practical advice on building eco-chic rustic furniture—literally starting with the timber.
Works fine. Earlier comment about pins breaking off are true - but only if you drop it.
You get what you pay for.
Maybe good for constuction materials (doug fir), but thats about it.
Could have spent more, but why?
This little meter works perfectly, and for my money does everything I want it to do.
easy to use
great price easy to use a must have product in my wood shop.