Exterior 450 Water Based Varnish - Semi-Gloss - Gallon
Designed for exterior wood applications, General Finishes® Exterior 450 Water Based Varnish is a semi-gloss topcoat that provides your wood with a tough, protective exterior wood finish that will withstand the rigors of the sun, rain, and wind. Ideal exterior furniture finish, exterior...
Designed for exterior wood applications, General Finishes® Exterior 450 Water Based Varnish is a semi-gloss topcoat that provides your wood with a tough, protective exterior wood finish that will withstand the rigors of the sun, rain, and wind. Ideal exterior furniture finish, exterior door finish or exterior deck finish, Exterior 450 is fortified with UV absorbers to help minimize fading and maximize performance. Its built-in mildewcide retards mold and mildew growth. Tough and flexible, Exterior 450 will resist the expansion and contraction of the wood through hot summers and cold winters that typically causes cracking and peeling. It also flows well and dries rapidly to a clear finish. It is ready to sand in 1 hour (under ideal conditions) which means you can be done finishing and using your project the same day.
- Easy to use
- Outstanding performance
- Fast, ready to sand in 1 hour under ideal conditions
- UV absorbers minimizes fading
- Mildewcides help retard the growth of mold and fungus
- Size: Gallon
- Color: Clear
- Sheen: Semi-gloss
- Type: water based exterior clear topcoat
- Interior/Exterior Use: Exterior
- Recommended Use: Doors (including fiberglass), furniture and architectural woodwork
- Solids by Weight & Volume: Weight-30%; Volume-29%
- Application Method: Brush, roll or spray
- Coats: 2-3
- Coverage: 560-640 sq.ft.
- Ideal Drying Conditions: 70°F and 50% humidity
- Dry Time - Touch: 30+ minutes
- Dry Time - Recoat: 2+ hours
- Dry Time - Light Use: 7-10 days
- Dry Time - Cure: 21 days
- Clean Up: Soap and water
- VOC: <123 g/L
- (1) General Finishes - Exterior 450 Water Based Topcoat - Semi-Gloss - Gallon
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Be ready to enjoy the warm days of spring and summer with an “updated” outdoor dining/living/garden area that is welcoming and efficient. Woodcraft has the tools and supplies you will need, along with helpful advice at your local store and free how-to articles on Woodcraft.com.
The American Woodshop co-hosts Scott and Suzy Phillips have dreamed for years of creating the ultimate building on a budget. Last year, they got their chance. With the help of some friends, a good ol’-fashioned barn raising took place near the couple’s Piqua, Ohio, home, and Suzy’s “She-Barn” became a reality. Part of the barn build was featured on Season 27 of the couple’s educational woodworking television show, which airs nationwide on public television.
General FinishesItem 148383
General FinishesItem 148412
General FinishesItem 175550
General FinishesItem 813297
General FinishesItem 148413
General FinishesItem 148414