CrossTrail Fixed Blade Knife for Hunting and Fishing - 7" - Unfinished Kit
Make an exceptional general-purpose knife with the CrossTrail Fixed Blade Knife for Hunting and Fishing Kit from Camillus Cutlery®, worldwide supplier of innovative, reliable, quality-made knives for over 140 years. The 2-7/8" blade (7" overall) is constructed from 7/64" Titanium...
- Shape, mount and finish your custom handle for a truly one-of-a-kind, high-quality knife
- 7/64" Titanium Bonded® cutlery-grade steel
- Fitted black ballistic nylon sheath
- Exceptional general purpose knife
- Overall Length: 7"
- Blade Length: 2-7/8"
- Blade Construction: 7/64" Titanium Bonded® cutlery-grade 420 stainless steel
- (1) Blade
- (2) Screw-together rivets
- Knife scale / handle material sold separately.
Great first knife kit
This was a fun first foray into making a knife from a kit blade. Instructions were good. I don't know knife steel very well, but the quality of the blade seems good, though i did cut the finish on the tang when shaping the handle. The kit comes with rivets, but i chose to use equivalent sized brass pins. The drilled holes in the blank are listed as 6mm, but 6mm pins didn't fit with out having to sand them down (I had to chuck the pin into my drill press and sand away). 1/4" pins were also too big. Finally, the included sheath has a loop that secures the handle, but with 3/8" scales, the loop is too short to wrap around the handle. All in all a fun project. I look forward to making another.