This strop was designed and developed for Woodcraft by renowned carver Rick Bütz, and we’ve been selling it for over 25 years. In fact, we’ve been selling it so long the manufacturer retired, and we had to find someone else to make it. The strop’s longevity is the result of features Rick designed into the strop from the outset. The large 9-1/2" x 3" flat surface provides ample area for the lapping “barber’s” strokes required by straight blade tools. A specially designed, 1/4"-radius edge makes inside surface honing of curved bladed tools, such as gouges and fishtails, a breeze. Angled, 45-degree edge quickly produces a razor edge on any V-shaped tool. Split leather hide completely wraps the hardwood form, allowing charging of both sides with honing compounds of different grits. Lacquered 4-3/4" contoured handle fits comfortably in the hand to ensure maximum control.
• Lacquered 4-3/4” contoured handle for maximum control
• Angled, 45-degree edge produces a razor edge on any V-shaped tool
• 1/4" radius edge makes inside surface honing of curved bladed tools a breeze
• Large 9-1/2” x 3” flat surface
• Designed and developed by renowned carver Rick Bütz