Baltic Birch Plywood - 1/8" (3 mm) x 24" x 30"
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole...
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole face, no splices, have no patches (plugs that are used to cover defects) but may contain knot pattern or mineral streaks. The other face, BB, and the inner plies will contain patches and tight and not so tight knots. Both faces are sanded smooth. Multiple-ply edges can be sanded or routed, and the plywood has excellent screw-holding power. The exterior glue used in this plywood makes it suitable for outdoor projects (with an appropriate outdoor finish). Common uses of Baltic Birch Plywood include cabinet backs, drawer sides and bottoms, painted scrollsaw projects, or when building jigs and fixtures.
- B-BB Grade - one face will not have splices or patches
- Higher quality plywood
- Uses no fillers or softwood
- Uses 40% more dense plies than standard plywood
- Thick face plies allow for more resistance to sand-through
- Composed of birch from parts of Russia
- Thickness: 1/8" (3 mm)
- Width: 24"
- Length: 30"
- 1/8" Baltic Birch Plywood has 3 plies
- Manufactured to metric thickness
- All dimensions are nominal and may be slightly undersized
- (1) Baltic Birch Plywood 1/8" (3 mm) x 24" x 30"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Articles & Blogs
Very good with one caveat...
This is good wood for scroll sawing projects. I ordered (2) 24 X 30 pieces so I could get (9) 8 X 10 plaques out of it. Unfortunately, both peices measured 24 X 27, so I could only get 8 peices out of it (with 2 with the grain running adjacent to the others). It's not really a huge deal, but worth noting. Aside from that, the quality was excellent.
First purchase and I couldn't be happier
I used very thin Baltic Birch plywood to repair a cajon (drum box).
Great value for quality plywood
This plywood has the best dimensions for my prototype project. The thickness, and most importantly the available length and width work perfectly. The quality and the appearance of the product exceeds the description on the website. Unfortunatly plywood this thin (3mm) has some warp to it and doesn't lay flat right out of the box. This will not be an issue with my project but it could be a problem for other uses. The cost for shipping plywood sheets this size was very reasonable and they got here fast. Overall an excellent value. Thanks!
GREAT PRODUCT !!!
We used these 1/8" birch panels to update headboard and mirror in Master Bedroom... Turned out really nice and grain work on panels were perfect match for this headboard and mirror.... Thank you !!!
I ordered 2 sheets of 1/8" by 24" x 30" baltic plywood because I need stock that would be FLAT. One sheet was fairly flat and the other was badly warped. I managed to use both sheets because I needed small pieces as well as larger ones. It is probably too much to expect for a 1/8" thick to stay flat when it is that large but I have obtained fairly good sheets before.
Used in laminations
Superior product and price. [...]