Baltic Birch Plywood - 3/4" (18 mm) x 24" x 30"
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole...
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole face, no splices, have no patches (plugs that are used to cover defects) but may contain knot pattern or mineral streaks. The other face, BB, and the inner plies will contain patches and tight and not so tight knots. Both faces are sanded smooth. Multiple-ply edges can be sanded or routed, and the plywood has excellent screw-holding power. The exterior glue used in this plywood makes it suitable for outdoor projects (with an appropriate outdoor finish). Common uses of Baltic Birch Plywood include cabinet backs, drawer sides and bottoms, painted scrollsaw projects, or when building jigs and fixtures.
- B-BB Grade - one face will not have splices or patches
- Higher quality plywood
- Uses no fillers or softwood
- Uses 40% more dense plies than standard plywood
- Thick face plies allow for more resistance to sand-through
- Composed of birch from parts of Russia
- Thickness: 3/4" (18 mm)
- Width: 24"
- Length: 30"
- 3/4" Baltic Birch Plywood has 13 plies
- Manufactured to metric thickness
- All dimensions are nominal and may be slightly undersized
- (1) Baltic Birch Plywood 3/4" (18 mm) x 24" x 30"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Articles & Blogs
The first time Dwayne Ernest stepped onto a live audience stage was to show 3 examples of refurbishing projects he and his Woodcraft team built for a refurbishing contest sponsored by Sonoran Living Live and his Chandler, AZ Woodcraft Store.
As part of our Mother’s Day series, we will introduce you to several superstar moms (and grandmothers!) who combine their love of family with their love of woodworking. Meet Denise Kerch, who has made more than 125 corn hole sets with the tools she inherited from her father.
I built a new mobile base for the jointer in our shop and it was super easy.
The title may be a little misleading, but not to Design
Press owner, Bobby Rosenstock. The Woodcraft catalog & social media team
visit the local establishment of JustAJar Design Press in Marietta, OH. This
time to capture Bobby Rosenstock's carved artwork, letterpress/ design printing
and other talents for the Woodcraft December 2021 holiday catalog cover
creation. Bobby shows and tells his carving craft using 15th century technology to create an art form that is still viable today!
It's summer, time for picnics, graduation parties, weddings, family and class reunions, weekend trips, full on vacations. In other words, time for lots of outdoor gatherings. Whether it's warm or downright hot outside, you're going to need some beverages! The attractive Beverage Caddy-featured on our July Catalog-is a simple, fun project to design and build. Read on to learn about building it!
Excellent product , solid core thruout
Solid core all thru the plies. No voids and clean cut edges