46286-K 2D/3D Carving 3.6 Deg Tapered Angle Ball Nose Triple Flute Router Bit 1/8"D 1"CH 1/16"R 1/4"SH 3"OL
The Amana 2D/3D Carving 3.6 Deg Tapered Angle Ball Nose Triple Flute Router Bit is specially designed for 2D and 3D CNC profiling and carving in plastic and wood with CNC machines. The high-shear ball nose tips cut smooth 2D and 3D contours with reduced stepping while the proprietary...
Items You May Need
Amana ToolItem 872427
Amana ToolItem 166630
Amana ToolItem 166631
The Amana 2D/3D Carving 3.6 Deg Tapered Angle Ball Nose Triple Flute Router Bit is specially designed for 2D and 3D CNC profiling and carving in plastic and wood with CNC machines. The high-shear ball nose tips cut smooth 2D and 3D contours with reduced stepping while the proprietary Spektra coating (applied by the physical vapor deposition coating process) provides high resistance to wear, sharper cutting edges, extended tool life and less friction and heat buildup. Some of Amana Tool carving tools, as you can appreciate have a very small diameter therefore any material chip-loads need to reflect that small size. It can however withstand RPM’s up to 60,000 RPMs. A directed air-blast to keep chips away along with cooling the tool and work piece are always welcome. Tools are manufactured with high balance that allows them to run up to 60,000 RPMs. Adjust your chip load and feed rate accordingly.
- A perfect bit for 3D carving
- Precision 2D and 3D large scale carving
- Great for deep profiling
- Dimensional signage
- 3D millwork
- 2D and 3D contouring, profiling, modeling and pattern making for cabinetry, sign making, furniture making and jewelry mold making
- Perfect for model-makers on large 3D milling profiles in abrasive EPS foam and other materials
Excellent for cutting:
- Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS)
- Acrylic Stone
- Ethylene-vinyl Acetate Foam (EVA)
- Expanded Polypropylene (EPP)
- Expanded Polystyrene Foam (EPS)
- Extruded Polystyrene Foam (XPS)
- Fiberglass PCB Board
- Foam Board
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- High Density Urethane (HDU)
- 20lbs High Density Urethane
- Phenolic Composites
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- Polyethylene Foam
- Polyurethane Foam
- PVC Foam Board
- Sign Board
- Sign Foam
- Tooling Board
- XPE (Cross Linked Polyethylene) Foam
Amana Spektra bits feature a nACo nanocomposite coating with an extreme nano hardness and heat resistance. With a brilliant distinctively-tinted coloring nACo provides additional improvements in four critical aspects of router tooling:
- nACo coating is a micro-thin ceramic coating which enables the tool's cutting edge to retain crucial sharpness and lubricity. This provides longevity and produces cutting results of the highest quality.
- Coating prevents high heat and oxidation which is detrimental to cutting tool performance.
- Multi-colored hues, while attractive, will dissipate upon use and yet coating will remain fully effective.
- nACo offers approximately 4,500 Vickers for impressive solid hardness on cutting areas of the tool, for an increase up to 2.5 times compared to uncoated bits.
Note: Blue based color dissipates immediately upon use. nACo nanocomposite coating will not wear off.
Milling Plastics: In a milling application, all plastics tend to behave differently so attention must be paid first and foremost to heat input, as that greatly impacts surface finish and chip control.
Suggested starting spindle speed might be 18,000 RPM, there needs to be some experimenting on the part of the programmer to best find an acceptable finish.
- Diameter: 1/8"
- Radius: 1/16"
- Cutting Height: 1"
- Shank: 1/4"
- Overall Length: 3"
- Angle: 3.6 Degrees
Tool #46286-K Vectric Compatible Tool File
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Amana Tool accepts returns in new saleable condition only within 60 days of purchase and requires a Return Authorization. Contact Woodcraft Customer Service for Return Authorization. A restocking fee of up to 20% may apply. Customer pays return freight. The tools are to be packed carefully. Saw blades must be shipped in an exterior carton for protection. Saw blades shipped with only Amana Tool saw blade sleeves or clamshells will be refused.
Amana Tool warranties against defects in material or workmanship for 30 days. All other warranties, either expressed or implied, are denied.
Amana ToolItem 872422
Amana ToolItem 180652
Amana ToolItem 872425
Amana ToolItem 170865
Amana ToolItem 170849
Amana ToolItem 180655
Amana ToolItem 180653
Amana ToolItem 180663