Zebrawood - 3/4" x 6" x 36"
Zebrawood (Microberlinia brazzavillensis) has a light golden yellow heartwood with streaks of dark brown to black. The stripes can be chaotic and wavy (flatsawn), or somewhat uniform (quartersawn). Zebrawood has a medium to course texture, with a lustrous surface that works well with...
- A hard, heavy, and very dense wood with good impact resistance
- Dimensionally stable, retains its shape well after machining
- Good polishing and finishing qualities
- Native to West Africa
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 6"
- Length: 36"
- (1) Zebrawood - 3/4" x 6" x 36" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Articles & Blogs
Coolest grain pattern I've ever seen
Makes cool guitar body tops. Good tone. Quite an oily wood that will polish smooth with a moderate natural gloss. A bit harsh on the cutting tools and can block up abrasives. Smells unpleasant when it's cut.
We used the wood in building a small table. It turned out very well.
straight, flat, and square
made great gifts with it