WoodRiver - 1/2" High-Carbon Steel Forstner Bit
This 1/2" bit is part of a line of imported Forstner bits that Woodcraft has tested and found to cut clean and not burn even when testers intentionally subjected them to quick, repetitive drill...
• Cuts clean; no burning when subjected to harsh treatment
• Can make partial arcs and end grain holes
• Makes flat bottom holes and pocket holes
• Overall length is 3-1/2" long with 3/8" shank
• Can be used with WoodRiver 3/8" Forstner Bit Extensions
Articles & Blogs
Woodworking Adventures is back with a new blog site and our first story is in the shop with the “Turning Tuesdays” guys with another home spun turning project. Ron Thompson shows us how to make a self-centering Longworth Chuck. The Longworth chuck was developed by Leslie Douglas Longworth of the Hunter Valley Woodturners in Australia in the late 1980′s. Featuring a self centering mechanism that easily and quickly adjusts to the size of your turning by using a pair of disks which rotate against each other, drawing in and out the attached rubber jaws on a series of opposing arcs.
Does a good job
I use these bits a lot, Does a good job cutting clean holes.