Combo Shelf Pin Template
Woodpeckers Combo Shelf Pin Template combines holes of both inch and metric spacing to work with self-centering drills bits, router guide bushings and even plain drill bits using the optional drill...
- Twenty-one holes on 1" spacing with a choice of 1-1/2", 2" or 2-1/2" offset from edge
- Fifteen holes on 32mm spacing with euro standard 37mm offset from edge
- All holes are 3/8" diameter to be compatible with most self-centering shelf pin bits and 3/8" OD router guide bushings for plunge boring operation
- Includes three each 1/4" and 5mm Index Pins for setting offset and for continuous boring of long panels
- Optional Woodpeckers Drill Guide utilizes your standard brad point drill bits
This is a very solid and easy to use Jig. I did not intend to use it with a router, so I cannot comment on that. But when used with the snappy drill it was fast, efficient and accurate
Made a wall system of 5 vertical melamine boards and all the holes lined up perfectly
A mixed review
Was looking for a router-based shelf pin jig and had high hopes for this, but the index pins get in the way of the router base -- you're constantly moving the index pins out of the way of the router in order to complete routing of the holes. Also, the template itself was warped (didn't sit flat) Also, in order to use it with a router, you should clamp it, but, you guessed it, the clamps get in the way of the router base. Would work just fine with a drill, but I'm looking for the crisper, cleaner holes associated with a router based solution.
Very efficient with router bit
The template is very consistant.