Wenge - 1/8" x 1-1/2" x 16"
Wenge (Millettia laurentii) is very dark brown in color with very close, straight grain and fine black veins. Wenge is a dense exotic wood with excellent strength and hardness properties. It works well with hand and machine tools, though there is a slight blunting effect on cutting...
- Dark brown with very close, straight grain and fine black veins
- Excellent thin stock for Woodcraft's cutting board kits.
- Accepts clear finishes if the surface is wiped with a fast-drying solvent like acetone
- Native to Africa
- Thickness: 1/8"
- Width: 1-1/2"
- Length: 16"
- (1) Wenge - 1/8" x 1-1/2" x 16" - Thin Stock Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.