Diamond Honing Guide Set
With the Trend Diamond Honing Guide Set you can ensure the correct angle is maintained on chisels and plane irons when used with diamond whetstone. Precision roller with alloy body which...
With the Trend Diamond Honing Guide Set you can ensure the correct angle is maintained on chisels and plane irons when used with diamond whetstone. Precision roller with alloy body which self-center clamps chisels from 3/8" (10mm) to 2" (51mm) wide. The setting device is preset for 25 degree, 30 degree and 40 degree angles. Positive location for roller and blade. Adjustable stop for setting blade angle.
Use with 63mm (2-1/2") wide x 178mm (7") long bench stones or workshop stones. Not for use with firmer chisels or short blade (Butt) chisels.
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 2-4 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Trend Limited Warranty
All Trend tools are engineered and manufactured to the highest standards for optimum performance and service life. Trend warrants to the original purchaser at retail that each new Trend tool shall be free from defects in material and workmanship, subject to the guidelines below. Upon verification of failure or malfunction, Trend shall, at its option, within (28) days, repair or replace the tool. Subject to the guidelines below.
1. In the event of failure or malfunction, return the product, properly packaged and postage prepaid, to Trend Routing Technology Inc.
2. All implied warranties for Trend’s power tools (INCLUDING MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR FOR PURPOSE) are limited to the period of one year from the purchase date. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
3. A warranty claim shall be limited to repair
Not great, but almost mediocre.
I bought this and Trend's diamond whetstone. I thought I had a perfect solution. Just like the other reviewer stated, it's just not made that well. Mine does NOT hold blades square. You have to mess with it forever to get it set where it won't put a skew in chisel blades. It's poorly machined and inaccurate. What's more: the retaining clips for the roller extend below the roller, so if you don't stay in the center of your stone, it grinds them too. You can get a microbevel by slipping a hotel room key or other shim under the roller, so that's not such a big deal for me, but the fact that it's not square is. If I hadn't bought it at a tool show while traveling, I'd have returned it.
Sounds better than it is
I like the idea of sharpening/honong guide, but it turns out this is just for sharpening a primary bevel. If you want a micro bevel you need to do a do a fiddle by easing it back in the holder a little ansd hope you have it square and you are also not sure by how much you have changed the angle. It will not accommodate the blade from my No8 jointer plane, it runs out at 2.5 inches. The tolerance of the fit of the blade holders to the guide rails is very poor, allowing play between the jaws, body and roller. This is acknowledged in the instructions. Make it wider and build it to finer tolerances and include an eccentric cam in the roller for microbevels and it would be hard to better. It would be a top jig, at present it is just mediocre.