Spalted Tamarind - 3" x 6" x 6"
Spalted Tamarind (Tamarindus indica) has a spectacular heartwood with background colors of ivory, yellow and black lines, which gives an unpredictable landscape effect. Grain is wavy and interlocked with a medium uniform texture. Because of its density and interlocked grain, tamarind’s...
- Spectacular heartwood with background colors of ivory, yellow and black lines create an unpredictable landscape effect
- Heartwood takes a high natural polish
- Turns, glues, and finishes well
- Native to Southeast Asia
- Thickness: 3"
- Width: 6"
- Length: 6"
- (1) Spalted Tamarind - 3" x 6" x 6" - Wood Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Articles & Blogs
Often tossed aside as damaged wood, craftsmen are seeking out spalted wood more and more for exactly the reason it is often trashed. Darker strands travel haphazardly throughout a piece of spalted wood, creating contrasting waves and lines that enhance the grain as only nature can. But what is spalted wood?
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 154449
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 153971