Small Screw-0n Handle, 5/16"-24 Thread for 8" Files
Screw-On File Handles are easier on the hand than plain file tangs and give you added control. Finished hardwood handles with heavy steel ferrules, 4-1/2" to 5" long.Made with select New England...
- Made with select New England Hardwoods
- Coated with a premium quality shellac finish for appearance, comfort and durability
- These handles are equipped with hardened steel inserts which cut a thread right onto the file tang
- Metal ferrules are made from heavy gauge special kiln drawn steel
- Zinc plated to prevent corrosion
you wonder if the extras like being threaded matter much until you try one. I ordered two of these for my 8" Iwasaki files because my hardware store didn't have the size of the cheapo push on handles I needed. I was pleasantly surprised. these screw on until tight, so your handle doesn't rock around, they are slightly larger than the usual hardware store variety for 8 inch files. I've since ordered more for several more files. I have not yet tried unscrewing one and reusing it on a different file as they say you can.