Quick Release Front Vise
WoodRiver® Quick Release Front Vise features a machined pivoting nut that engages or releases with a turn of the 1" diameter main screw. This feature allows you to quickly slide the vise all the way open or closed on the sturdy 20 mm diameter dual guide rods. Hole for handle is...
- Robust woodworking front vise is perfect for custom workbenches
- Quick-release feature lets you slide the vise all the way open or closed with a turn of the 1" diameter main screw
- Sturdy guide rods keep jaws parallel, eliminating racking even when clamping narrow objects on one side of the vise
- Wide handle-plate delivers maximum stability for your woodworking projects
- Made in Germany
- Screw and Body Length: 19"
- Main Screw Diameter: 1"
- Body Width: 10-1/2"
- Hole for Handle: Approximately 1-5/64"
- Guide Rod Diameter: Approximately 4/5" (20 mm)
- (1) WoodRiver Quick Release Front Vise
- Handle and mounting screws not included.
Instructions / MSDS
German made vice replaces Chinese copy
Several years ago I purchased the economy version of this vise for approx $85. The locking nut system failed twice in the past 4 years. Woodcraft supplied replacement parts but I finally decided to try the original German made vise at a cost of $220. It seems to work a little smoother than the China version. Hopefully I will be able to use this vise with no problems for a long time.
not what I expected
vise unit is expensive, has a excessive amount of side play therefore a very narrow vise is all that is possible. I tried with larger vise and raking was impossible to manage.
Economy Quick Release Front ViseItem 145444
10-1/2" Quick Release Workbench ViseItem 162796
10-1/2" Quick Release Woodworking Vise with Quick Adjustment LeverItem 147941