Woodcraft Woodshop - Olivewood, Roman 1" x 1" x 12"
Roman Olivewood (Olea spp.), these hand selected pieces from the outskirts of Rome are premium examples of Olivewood. Olivewood is dense, oily and beautiful golden brown lumber with brown and black...
Item 166606Model OLVRMN244
Item 160080Model PAR OWR013.6
Item 153846Model PAR OWB012
Item 841710Model Chechen 1.5x1.5x12
Item 153845Model Olivewood Beth 1.5x6
Item 838042Model 1.5"X1.5"X12"
Item 826213Model Olivewood 1.5x1.5x3
Item 153847Model PAR OWB013.6
Roman Olivewood (Olea spp.), these hand selected pieces from the outskirts of Rome are premium examples of Olivewood. Olivewood is dense, oily and beautiful golden brown lumber with brown and black streaks running through it. These trees are typically harvested only after they are unable to produce olives.
- Hard, heavy and fine textured
- Turns and polishes beautifully
- Common uses for Olivewood include bowls, platters, carvings, bottle stoppers, chess pieces, tool handles, table legs, spindles, finials, candlesticks, handles, and pen blanks
- Quality, kiln-dried stock
- Native to Italy
- Thickness: 1”
- Width: 1”
- Length: 12”
- (1) Roman Olivewood 1" x 1" x 12" Dimensioned Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.