Odie's Wood Butter - 9 oz
Odie’s Wood Butter offers a higher concentration of wax compared to Odie’s Universal Oil, providing a buttery consistency. Use Wood Butter like a wax to increase sheen and protection with the added benefits of oil or alone as a finish either indoors or outside. Excellent on wet and/or...
Odie’s Wood Butter offers a higher concentration of wax compared to Odie’s Universal Oil, providing a buttery consistency. Use Wood Butter like a wax to increase sheen and protection with the added benefits of oil or alone as a finish either indoors or outside. Excellent on wet and/or problematic woods to reduce checking and warping and to aid in even drying. This nontoxic, food-safe, solvent free finish, polish and stabilizer for wood is perfectly at home on doors, floors, and fine furniture, as well as wood bowls, cutting boards, kitchen tools and children’s toys.
- For indoor and outdoor use
- All natural ingredients include natural oils, waxes and a small amount of food grade D-limonene (a solvent extracted from citrus peels)
- Nontoxic, so no chemical driers or petroleum distillates
- Contains natural UV inhibitors, which protect from the sun
- Stabilizes, protects, beautifies and waterproofs
- Bonds with the surface instead of sitting on top, for superior durability for both commercial and residential applications
- Easy to apply by hand and impossible to mess up
- No gloves or respirators or well ventilated workspace are required for safe use
- Made in the USA
- Size: 9 oz. reusable glass jar
- Interior/Exterior Use: rated for interior and exterior use
- Application Method: wipe on, buff off
- Coats: 1
- Coverage: a 9-ounce jar provides a single coat up to 182 square feet
- Dry Time: most finished surfaces can be used within 24 hours and can be exposed to liquids within 3-5 days
- VOC: <5g/L (considered to be VOC compliant)
- (1) Odie’s Wood Butter - 9 ounce jar
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
So you’ve decided to rough turn or carve a green (wet) project, and set it aside to dry. Did you realize the wood may contain over 250% more water before it is dried, depending upon it’s size and mass? Over the long period of time it may take to air dry your project, it can develop grain cracks and checks if not protected. What are checks in the wood? Well, they’re not cashable checks to take to the bank, but end grain splits that can be prevented allowing you to reap the benefits of a beautifully finished item that can be profitable! Both cracks and checks can be fixed by cutting out those areas and replacing with segmented glue-ups, but perhaps that’s not what you had in mind.
Makes the wood pop
I used this after applying a coat of Odie's Oil. The wood butter really makes the wood pop, brings out the grain and adds depth. It leaves the wood with a nice sheen, and silky smooth feel.
Excellent and Safe
I have used this product to finish table tops as well as knife scales and handles. I find it easy to apply and use without worrying about the toxic fumes or irritants like other products I have used in the past. My wife actually likes the odor. The finish is deep and rich but natural looking and a small amount goes a long way.
This is the Best finish ever!
This product made me feel very comfortable using do to the abscense of thinners. I've used the Oxi, Oidie's oil and the Butter. All are great and seem to get better with age. The wood depth and color seem to be much enhanced - I feel this product is far superior to any wood finishes and treatments that I have ever used.