JointPro Doweling Jig
The Milescraft® JointPro™ Deluxe Doweling Jig is a high quality tool with interchangeable metal guide bushing blocks and two self-clamping fixtures for perfect alignment of corner, surface or edge joints. Drill bits, drill stops and dowel pins are not included.Features: • Clamp both...
• Clamp both boards simultaneously for precise hole alignment
• Drill up to six matching holes per setup for stronger joints
• Up to three 1/4", 5/16" or 3/8" holes using hardened steel bushing blocks
• Includes detailed instructions to produce corner, edge and surface joints
• Drill bits, drill stops and dowel pins are not included
Shipping / Billing InformationThis product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days depending on product ordered.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Milescraft accepts returns within 90 days of receipt. Customer pays return freight. Contact Woodcraft customer service at 1-800-535-4482 for return authorization details.
Warranty varies by product, call (224) 227-6930 for warranty details.
I have used this tool for building my daughters cradle and will use it for her crib, and I've used it to build shelving. For me, the versatility and ease of use made it a clear choice for me. Not sure how it would hold up in professional applications, but its great for this hobbist
Better than the competition
The other jigs I found that are as useful and easy to use as this broke easily. I have put this through its paces making several projects involving hundreds of holes drilled. It has never let me down, and the joints are amazing. I tried to break 2 pieces apart after gluing and clamping, and the actual board broke before the joint even cracked. The only real downside is that the holes are not 100% centered, being off my a millimeter or so. However, it doesn't actually matter in practice, and a piece of construction paper folded twice fixes that. Also, you will want to get collared drill stops with the screw tightening the collar to itself, not sticking into your drill bit. It's better.
The first one I bought had a crack in the aluminum frame and I took it back. The second one looked ok, but when I tightened the clamps, I noticed that two of the plastics clamp-pads were cracked. Can't be sure if it was me, but I don't think I over-tightened. They are made from inexpensive polyolefin, that should not have been used for that purpose. The clamp tip put gouges in my carefully planed boards. Very disappointed for the price I paid. I didn't notice the breaks until after I used it, now afraid to take back for a second time.
Doweling Jig Accessory Guide Bushing SetItem 811615
DowelJigKit Complete Dowel Joinery KitItem 183262
Wide Capacity Deluxe Doweling JigItem 164251
Self-Centering Dowel Quick JigItem 183092