8" Jointer / Planer Combo, Model JJP-8BT
Flat Shipping Fee of $28.00
This item is out of stock with the manufacturer. Order now for a late September shipment.
You May Also Like
- Combination bench top jointer & planer provides a 2 in 1 machine to maximize work space
- Integrated cord wrap makes transporting easy and ensures workshop safety
- Compact bench top design fits conveniently in small shop environments
- Heavy Duty 13 Amp motor for various cutting applications
- Two high speed steel knives for precise, smooth cuts
- Oversized, ergonomic knobs provide ease of use and maximum control
- Large aluminum extruded fence makes joining stable and precise
- Sheet metal out feed table with height adjustment supports long work pieces and helps reduce snipe
- Planing and joining tables lock to ensure precision cutting
- Precision machined table top ensures a smooth, straight cut
- Cuts Per Minute : 18,000 CPM
- Feed Speed : 19.5 FPM
- Jointer Max. Cut Depth : 1/8"
- Max. Cutting Width : 8"
- Planer Max. Cut Depth : .08"
- Cutterhead Speed : 9000 RPM
- Fence Size (L x H) : 21 x 4 1/8"
- Fence Tilts : 0 - 45 °
- Height : 16.8"
- Length : 33.5"
- Model Number : JJP-8BT
- Motor Current : 13 A
- Motor Voltage : 115 V
- Net Weight : 58.4 lb
- Number of Knives (Standard) : 2
- Part Number : 707400
- Planer Cutting Capacity (W x D) : 0.20 - 4.92"
- Prewired Voltage : 115 V
- Standard Knife Size (L x W x T) : 8.25 x 0.65 x 0.06"
- Width : 18.1"
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 2-5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
This product makes JET look really bad...
I feel that this machine is a poor product with design flaws in almost every aspect. Out feed table is not flat nor square. Horrible adjustment features, and lack of power make it impossible to make the machine the least bit function able. This is poor quality for Jet no better than If I were to go buy a Rigid, or Bosch from the box store. Shame on you JET for putting your name on this product.
Very poor even for the price
Positives:* Price* Compact size* Feels sturdyCons:* Warped Table* Horrible Assembly - There are only about 6 parts to attach out of the box, the small screws and no space for wrenches makes attaching parts a huge pain. * Tables not coplanar - no mechanism exists to adjust. You either get one perfectly machined or you send it back because you can't fix it* Dust collection - awful. It has a dust port but the port is poorly designed, only about 30% of material will get picked up by a dust collector. A mountain of shavings begin to accumulate inside the dust port, eventually reaching the roller and the cutting knifes at which time the shavings are ejected out of the top of the jointer directly into the user's face and hands. Very unpleasant.* Pulley belt snapped after 20 minutes of use, I have no idea why, but my guess is that wood shavings from the poor collection stalled cutting knifes causing the belt to snap* Chain that drives the rollers for the planer is located directly above the arbor of the cutting knife cylinder, there is no clearance for the chain. Within a few minutes of use the chain began to wear two grooves into the arbor of the cylinder that holds the blades* Blade adjustment - also a nightmare (took 4 hours to get even close to parallel). Poorly designed knife lock down: bad set screws which are slightly spring loaded and while tightening the blades against the cylinder using several set screws the blade shifts with each turn as the set screws get tighter, almost impossible to keep aligned with the table and second cutting knife...not that it matters since the table is also out of plane and can't be adjusted anywayIn short, I didn't expect the highest quality from a tool in this price range. There were no bells or whistles I just hoped it could flatten a surface and square an edge for planing and ripping. It fails in these two areas. Dust collection is also pathetic and makes the dust issue even more hazardous. DO NOT BUY! I got mine as a Christmas present. I live where there is snow, so I couldn't get it put together until about April. [...]
Makes great fire starter
Tried edge jointing 5/4 walnut for 35" table top, but I could not adjust the machine enough to cut straight. [...]Instructions had typos, mislabeling parts and referring to parts that didn't exist. Tables arrived neither parallel, nor coplanar. I had to call customer service to get instructions to level the tables, which helped but didn't solve the problem. Fence is not square to the table, cupped, and has a lot of play.Blades were a bear to adjust to the out feed table. They're thin.Didn't test the planer. I returned this after several hours of trying to adjust it.
Good for small projects
After using this product for about 6 months on various projects from doors to side tables I have found that it does a good job as a jointer but only on pieces of wood under about 2.5 ft in length. The outfeed table is just too short to handle anything longer than that. I actually don't use it for the planer funtion so I can't comment on that. I have not had to replace/sharpen the blades yet and have ran walnut, maple and cedar through it with good results. The table adjustment (in and out feed)could be better, but I haven't had any real troubles with it. It has saved me a lot of time and I plan on using it for a few more years until I have space for a larger jointer.
This tool seemed like a good way to save space and money, but its shortcomings make it a bad deal. It is difficult to switch from the jointer/planer function. Many of the knobs can not be turned 360 degrees when the plainer table or jointer fence are in a certain position. Worst of all the jointer infeed and outfeed tables are not coplanar and have no means for adjusting them to fix the problem. Overall this tool has been a big disappointment.
Great little machine
I bought this because I have limited shop space and need a jointer/planer for my primary hobby which is building musical instruments. A jointer/planer is a must for this type of work. When i bought this I thought this would only be useful for light duty jobs but I was wrong. this machine has the power for large jobs. It cuts fast, smooth and acurate. A+++ all around.