16-32 Drum Sander with Open Stand - 1-1/2 HP 1 Ph 115V - JWDS-1632
Shipping Fee of $99.00
The Jet® 16-32 Drum Sander with Open Stand - 1-1/2 HP 1 Ph 115V - JWDS-1632 is a powerful and versatile sanding machine that delivers exceptional results for woodworking professionals and serious DIY enthusiasts alike. With its 1-1/2 horsepower motor and 16" x 32" sanding capacity, this...
Items You May Need
WoodRiverItem 148594As Low As $20.69
WoodRiverItem 152839As Low As $13.49
Designed with user comfort and safety in mind, the Jet® 16-32 Drum Sander features an open stand that provides easy access to the sanding drum and conveyor belt for quick and easy adjustments. The machine's integrated dust hood and 4" dust port ensure that your workspace stays clean and free from dust and debris. Whether you're a professional woodworker or a serious DIY enthusiast, the Jet® 16-32 Drum Sander with Open Stand is an excellent choice for anyone who demands the best in performance, precision, and safety.
- Precision-machined and dynamically balanced extruded aluminum drum is designed to dissipate heat and protect the work surface from heat-damage
- Self-Cooling Drum
- Drum utilizes sealed and permanently lubricated ball bearings for longer life
- Separate feed and drum motors provide independent control, optimizing the performance of the sander
- Infinitely variable speed control of up to 10 feet per minute allows the user to choose the optimal feed rate
- Precision-flattened reinforced steel conveyor bed
- Drum is easily removable
- Integrated on/off switch and variable speed control knob are conveniently located
- Stand features a 20" x 37" footprint to increase stability and has a storage shelf and pre-drilled holes for casters
- The relative depth scale on the handwheel allows the user to reset and measure the depth for every project
- Motor: 1-1/2HP, 1Ph, 14A, 115V 60Hz
- Drum speed (rpm): 1725
- Drum Length: 32"
- Drum Diameter: 5”
- Abrasive installed: 80 Grit
- Dust Port Diameter: 4”
- Maximum Board Thickness: 3”
- Minimum Board Length: 2-3/8”
- Minimum Board Thickness: 1/32”
- Maximum Board Width: 16" with one pass
- Maximum board Width: 32” with 2 passes
- Conveyor Seed: 0-10 FPM
- Conveyor Table Size: 16" x 39-3/4"
- Net Weight: 187 lb - machine only
- (1) Jet® 16-32 Drum Sander with Open Stand - 1-1/2 HP 1 Ph 115V - JWDS-1632
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Great Drum Sander
I initially ordered the 10 inch version but wisely upgraded to the 16/32 inch model. The additional capacity has worked out well for my projects. The amount of stock removed is so precise and the finished product requires very little additional sanding… Those two factors make the drum sander a smart choice when considering choosing between a drum sander and a larger wood planer. The conveyor belt is operated independently and automatically dictates the rate of feed… It’s a great feature! The Jet drum sander has made a huge impact in my shop!
Excellent Drum Sander
I owned one of these purchased through Woodcraft for several years. It is excellent. I made segmented bowls, segmented bracelets and cutting boards. Every time it worked flawlessly. I did add the infeed/outfeed tables and followed all guidelines for adjustments of conveyor, feed tables and sanding paper. I usually only turned the height adjustment a 1/8 turn and flipped over the piece every other pass. One time I had a small problem and call Jet and they immediately sent me another part that was working intermittently. Great service and great product - wish I had kept it when I moved.