Jet - JWBS-14CS 1HP 115/230V 14" Closed Base Bandsaw
The Jet Model JWBS-14CS performs with precision while maintaining functionality and affordability. Perfect for the home shop, it features very little setup upon arrival. This unit will provide...
Items You May Need
- Micro adjusting upper blade guide
- 6" Cutting capacity 13-1/2" cutting capacity width
- Left/Right table tilt 45 degree/10 degree
- "V" groove blade guide bar for consistent positive alignment
- Graphite impregnated Jet Blocks® for cool, true running blades
- Extra large 15" x 15" cast iron table
- Table height from floor is 43-1/2"
- Totally enclosed, fan cooled, 1HP, 1 Ph, 115/230V motor
- Built in dust chute
- Minimum blade 1/8" W, maximum 3/4" W, 93-1/2 L
- Shipping weight: 200 lb
Shipping / Billing Information
All shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
The American Woodshop with Scott Phillips begins it’s 18th season on PBS starting on Monday, August 29th, 2011. This year’s 13 episodes entitled “Weekenders,” focus on woodworking projects to augment the home. While discovering and using new tools to become a more proficient woodworker, you should be able to finish each of these projects in one weekend.
A nice saw
I use this saw for building model airplanes. I replaced the stock blade, which is good enough for setting up the saw but not much more. I also replaced the stock plastic blade guides with some "Cool Blocks". Saw was easy enough to put together and arrived from Jet in perfect condition. Mine was shipped in two boxes, both shrink wrapped onto a pallet. Once assembled and tuned up the saw functions good. Cuts are nice and the saw appears to have plenty of power for my purposes. Most of my work involves cutting of light ply and some softer woods. The only issue, which I will adjust by sanding and shimming, is the upper guide does not run parallel with the blade. On my saw there is a variance of about 1/16th of an inch over the upper guides 6" of travel. The variance required I adjust the guide blocks when the blade guard is raised or lowered. The rear bearing says adjusted. I simply need to remove the upper wheel and adjust the upper wheel mount out the 1/16th to make it perfect. The guide tracks for and aft.