14" Closed Base Bandsaw - 1 HP 1 Ph 115/230V - JWBS-14CS
Save 15% Plus Free Shipping - December 8-17 ONLY!
The Jet® Model JWBS-14CS Closed Stand 14" Bandsaw is a precision woodworking bandsaw that maximizes versatility, functionality, and affordability. Perfect for the home workshop, the JWBS-14CS requires minimal setup upon arrival and includes a 3/8" 6 TPI woodworking blade. The rigid 15"...
The Jet® Model JWBS-14CS Closed Stand 14" Bandsaw is a precision woodworking bandsaw that maximizes versatility, functionality, and affordability. Perfect for the home workshop, the JWBS-14CS requires minimal setup upon arrival and includes a 3/8" 6 TPI woodworking blade. The rigid 15" x 15" offset cast iron table combined with the stand's precision computer-balanced wheels reduce vibration contributing to a higher level of accuracy. The single-knob blade tracking adjustment, graphite-impregnated polymer blade guides, and roller-bearing thrust guides allow for a quicker setup and a cooler running blade.
- Micro-adjusting upper blade guide
- 6" resaw capacity/height, 13-1/2" cutting capacity width
- 10° table tilt ability to the left and a 45° tilt ability to the right
- "V" groove blade guide bar for consistent positive alignment
- Graphite-impregnated Jet Blocks® for cool, true running blades
- Extra large 15" x 15" cast iron table
- Totally-enclosed, fan-cooled motor
- Built-in dust chute
- Designed to provide years of solid heavy-duty use
- Motor Type: TEFC (totally-enclosed fan-cooled)
- Motor Power: 1 HP
- Motor Phase: 1 Phase
- Voltage: 115/230V (prewired 115)
- Recommended Circuit Size (Amps): 20A
- Wheel Diameter: 14"
- Cutting Capacity Height: 6"
- Cutting Capacity Width: 13-1/2"
- Blade Length: 93-1/2"
- Maximum Blade Width: 3/4"
- Minimum Blade Width: 1/8"
- Blade Speed: 3000 SFPM
- Table Size (L x W): 15" x 15"
- Table Slot Size: 3/8" x 3/4"
- Table Tilt: 10° left, 45° right
- Table Height from Floor: 43-1/2"
- Overall Dimensions (L x W x H): 26" x 19" x 68"
- Dust Port Outside Diameter: 4"
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required: 300 CFM
- Net Weight: 185 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 200 lbs.
- (1) Jet® 14" Closed Base Bandsaw - 1 HP 1 Ph 115/230V - JWBS-14CS
- (1) Woodworking Bandsaw Blade - 93-1/2" x 3/8" - 6 TPI
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
The American Woodshop with Scott Phillips begins it’s 18th season on PBS starting on Monday, August 29th, 2011. This year’s 13 episodes entitled “Weekenders,” focus on woodworking projects to augment the home. While discovering and using new tools to become a more proficient woodworker, you should be able to finish each of these projects in one weekend.
A nice saw
I use this saw for building model airplanes. I replaced the stock blade, which is good enough for setting up the saw but not much more. I also replaced the stock plastic blade guides with some "Cool Blocks". Saw was easy enough to put together and arrived from Jet in perfect condition. Mine was shipped in two boxes, both shrink wrapped onto a pallet. Once assembled and tuned up the saw functions good. Cuts are nice and the saw appears to have plenty of power for my purposes. Most of my work involves cutting of light ply and some softer woods. The only issue, which I will adjust by sanding and shimming, is the upper guide does not run parallel with the blade. On my saw there is a variance of about 1/16th of an inch over the upper guides 6" of travel. The variance required I adjust the guide blocks when the blade guard is raised or lowered. The rear bearing says adjusted. I simply need to remove the upper wheel and adjust the upper wheel mount out the 1/16th to make it perfect. The guide tracks for and aft.