JWB-10 1/2HP 10" Open Stand Bandsaw
Shipping Fee of $29.00
If you're working in close quarters in your shop, this is the bandsaw for you. With an extra-large cast iron tilting table, quick release blade tension, upper and lower blade guides, , and an adjustable LED work light, this bandsaw is well-equipped and has all the features you're used...
Items You May Need
Carter ProductsItem 868100
- Compact benchtop design allows for easy transport to different shop locations
- Rigid steel stand allows bandsaw to transition from the benchtop to the floor
- Reinforced steel base can be bolted to stand or work bench
- 1/2 HP induction motor easily handles various cutting applications
- Poly-V drive system maximizes power transfer from motor to blade and reduces vibration
- Upper and lower ball bearing blade guides provide blade stability
- Extra-large cast iron table with retractable extension wing provides additional work piece support
- One piece welded frame design reduces machine vibration and flex
- Oversized, ergonomic knobs provide ease of use and maximum control
- Quick release blade tension makes changing and re-tensioning the blade fast, easy and consistent
- Flexible LED light provides visibility without blocking line of sight
- Aluminum extruded fence ensures smooth sliding action
- Table tilting trunnion allows working angles from 0° to 45°
- Magnifying cursor enlarges measurement scale for precise fence location
- Rack and pinion blade guide adjustment with integrated locking knob for precise height controllable Tilt (Deg.): 0 to 45
- Motor: 1/2 HP, 1Ph, 115V, 3.4A
- Band Saw Size/Wheel Diameter: 10"
- Cutting Capacity Width: 9-1/2"
- Cutting Capacity Height: 4-1/8"
- Blade Length: 67-1/2"
- Blade Speed: 2750 SFPM
- Table Size: 13-1/8" L x 13-3/8" W
- Table Size with Extension: 13-1/8" L x 19" W
- Maximum Saw Blade Width: 1/2"
- Minimum Saw Blade Width: 1/8"
- Table Height from Floor: 41-1/2"
- Dust Port Outside Diameter: 4"
- Stand Type: Open
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Build a new bookcase, chair or other furniture for your home – or repurpose a piece from the past to fit your décor – and enter your project in the Furniture Contest to win some cool tools from Woodcraft. The Instructables.com contest is open through Monday, December 18, 2017.
A Chicago maker won the Furniture Contest Grand Prize on Instructables.com with a table featuring a “marble” top made from concrete. Woodcraft provided prizes for the contest that encouraged makers to build or repurpose a piece of furniture for the competition.
Love my new Toy
After a couple of years of thinking of buying this saw, I finally did it and purchased at the Colorado Springs, CO store. The staff was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The box and contents were in pristine condition. The box dimensions are 35"L x 15"W x 20" H, and it weighs 92 lbs. (One of the chief complaints on other vendor's websites is damage.) The assembly was easy enough and I have used the saw a few times with no problems. The stand is a little too short for me, so I just sit the saw on my workbench for now. In comparison to other saws this size, this is a solid tool that is very well made. Another complaint from other reviewers is access to the lower guide bearings. I didn't have any problems setting the guides. Tilting the table provides easy access. I am an intermediate, novice hobbyist and this tool is capable of doing anything I can think of. I am very happy with my purchase and look forward to learning to use it.
Great saw within it's limitations
So Woodcraft sells band saws ranging in price from sub $500 through $6K plus FOR A REASON!! Depending on the varying needs and means of the customer a saw exists for everyone, but don't expect high end features, capacity or performance in a low cost machine. To write a review for this JET 10" saw and complain about the capacity and build quality, or bemoan that it broke when being pushed way beyond it's intended use is disingenuous. I purchased this saw to cut down on the times when I would need to change the setup on my Laguna. I hardy ever use either the fence or the miter gauge, as it mostly exists for quick snips and follow the line cuts in rough sawn pine for wall art projects. It performs well and should last for a long time.
Jet 1/2 HP 10" band saw
Not very powerful nor a lot of capacity, but for a small diy work shop with limited space or budget, this is a pretty good band saw. It has a good, solid fence and mine has no slop in the miter gauge. This saw has at least met my expectations, I only wish that Wood Craft would stock a little more variety of blades in the 67 1/2" length.
Seems like a great saw and a great price!
Not the right equipment for a wood shop. I gave mine to a neighbor out of frustration. The quality is sub par, in my opinion. The final straw for me was when the upper guide lift jammed. Would be okay of you are making models or very small projects, like pens, but it's not good for much else.