Carvin' Jack Right Hand Knife
Carry a complete carving kit in your pocket! The blades of this unique carving tool fold into their handle just like the blades of a pocket knife. Professional carvers will love the high-quality edge-holding features of Flexcut's resilient spring steel blades. The Carvin' Jack features...
Items You May Need
Basswood Spoon Carving Blank - 10" x 1-1/2"Item 172273
Carry a complete carving kit in your pocket! The blades of this unique carving tool fold into their handle just like the blades of a pocket knife. Professional carvers will love the high-quality edge-holding features of Flexcut's resilient spring steel blades. The Carvin' Jack features six tool blades: detail knife, straight gouge, hook knife, V-scorp, gouge scorp, and straight chisel. All tool blades securely lock in both opened and closed positions. Conveniently sized, the Carvin' Jack is about the same size as a large pocket knife. Carry it with you and never be caught without carving and whittling tools again! The Carvin' Jack comes with a leather sheath that can mount on your belt, a polishing compound, and a custom strop for maintaining the sharpest possible edge.
- Pre-sharpened and razor sharp
- Six tool blades in one convenient-sized folding knife
- Detail knife for whittling or quickly removing wood from convex surfaces and delicate areas
- Straight gouge for carving printmaking woodcuts, modeling surfaces, or creating different textures
- Hook knife for roughing out large amounts of water material, spoon carving, or carving in hollow areas where a straight blade can't reach
- V-scorp for leaning a clean line of demarcation between two adjacent surfaces, similar to outlining something with a pencil
- Gouge scorp, a right-angled gouge with a very short turning radius allowing for carving very narrow and deep recesses
- Chisel for smoothing surfaces, setting hinges, and carving letters
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Blade Material: High carbon steel
- Closed Length: 4-1/4''
- Closed Width: 15/16"
- Closed Thickness: 5/8"
- Weight: 3.5 Ounces
- Handle Material: Cast aluminum with wood veneer
- (1) FlexCut® JKN91 - Right-Handed Carvin' Jack
- (1) Slipstrop
- (1) Gold polishing compound
- (1) Leather sheath with snap closure and belt loop
- The Right-Handed Carvin' Jack is made for people who are right-handed that want to cut towards themselves. If you prefer to cut away from yourself and are right-handed you will need the Left-Handed Carvin' Jack.
I won this at the Wood Carving show in Pharr, Texas. Can’t wait to try it out. Many Thanks.
Great to have so many tools in one item.
More than just a carving tool
I am not a carver. I use this thing all the time when doing home projects. I have used it many times to fine tune setting hinges in doors. I have used it many times for other projects, such as putting up trim, when I need just a bit of adjustment. I have also used it working on walking sticks. The uses are endless and I use the Flexcut Carvin' Jack rather than search through my toolbag for something more appropriate. I would caution that after several years it is still not easy to open and you must be careful to be sure the blades are completely closed when you are finished. I don't know how many times I have cut myself on the edge of the chisel blade. These blades are sharp!
Great tool on the go
The tools are really sharp, and I like the belt case it comes with. My only complain is that the tools locking mechanism can jam (in the unlocked position) when you are closing the tool.
Carving kit in your pocket
My only small complaint is the difficulty opening individual blades without all the others on that side following, this knife is extremely sharp and care must be taken when opening and closing because of this. I suspect that this problem will go away with use and wear.
I couldn't have carved the "Ozarks Trail End", by harold Enloe, without this knife! A super tool..
Carvin' Jack 2.0 Right Hand KnifeItem 186176