Carvin' Jack Right Hand Knife
Carry a complete carving kit in your pocket! The blades of this unique carving tool fold into their handle just like a pocket knife's blades. Professional carvers will love the high quality edge-holding features of Flexcut's resilient spring steel blades. The Carvin' Jack features six...
Items You May Need
Carry a complete carving kit in your pocket! The blades of this unique carving tool fold into their handle just like a pocket knife's blades. Professional carvers will love the high quality edge-holding features of Flexcut's resilient spring steel blades. The Carvin' Jack features six tools: 3/4" #7 sweep knife blade, 3/8" #6 scorp, 3/8" #11 gouge, 3/8" #1 straight chisel, 1-3/8" detail carving knife and 1/4" 70º V scorp. All tools securely lock in both opened and closed positions. Conveniently sized at only 4-1/4" long, 15/16" tall and 5/8" thick when closed, about the same size as a large pocket knife. Carry it with you and you'll never be caught without carving and whittling tools again! The Flexcut Carvin Jack Left comes with a leather sheath that can mount on your belt, a slipstrop for sharpening and polishing compound. Also included are complete instructions to maintain those sharp edges.
- Detail Knife - use as a whittling knife, or for quickly removing wood from convex surfaces and delicate areas
- Straight Gouge - an excellent choice for carving printmaking woodcuts, modeling surfaces or creating different textures
- Hook Knife - designed for carving in hollow areas where a straight blade can't reach. Use to rough out larger amounts of waste material or for your next spoon carving project
- V-Scorp - its sharp corners make it possible to lean a clean line of demarcation between two adjacent surfaces, similar to outlining something with a pencil
- Gouge Scorp - a right angled gouge with a very short turning radius allowing for carving very narrow and deep recesses. Similar to spoon gouge but a whole lot better
- Chisel - use to smooth of surfaces, set hinges and carve letters with this easy to use chisel
- Six tool blades in one convenient sized folding knife
- Pre-sharpened and razor sharp
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Blade Material: High carbon steel
- Closed Length: 4-1/4''
- Weight: 3.5 Ounces
- Handle Material: Cast aluminum with wood veneer
- (1) FlexCut® JKNL91 - Right-Handed Carvin' Jack
- (1) Honing block with leather strop
- (1) Flexcut Gold honing compound
- (1) Leather sheath with snap closure and belt loop
- The Flexcut Carvin Jack Right Hand is made for people who are right handed that want to cut towards themselves. If you prefer to cut away from yourself and are right handed you will need the Flexcut Carvin Jack Left Hand.
Great to have so many tools in one item.
More than just a carving tool
I am not a carver. I use this thing all the time when doing home projects. I have used it many times to fine tune setting hinges in doors. I have used it many times for other projects, such as putting up trim, when I need just a bit of adjustment. I have also used it working on walking sticks. The uses are endless and I use the Flexcut Carvin' Jack rather than search through my toolbag for something more appropriate. I would caution that after several years it is still not easy to open and you must be careful to be sure the blades are completely closed when you are finished. I don't know how many times I have cut myself on the edge of the chisel blade. These blades are sharp!
Great tool on the go
The tools are really sharp, and I like the belt case it comes with. My only complain is that the tools locking mechanism can jam (in the unlocked position) when you are closing the tool.
Carving kit in your pocket
My only small complaint is the difficulty opening individual blades without all the others on that side following, this knife is extremely sharp and care must be taken when opening and closing because of this. I suspect that this problem will go away with use and wear.
I couldn't have carved the "Ozarks Trail End", by harold Enloe, without this knife! A super tool..