CMT - 800.627.11 Tenon Cutting Router Bit
Cut perfect tenons faster than ever - really! This very innovative router bit from CMT provides a simple alternative to table saw based tenon jigs to create tenons for mortise and tenon joinery....
You May Also Like
Item 818352Model 801.690.11
Item 822177Model 801.128.11
Item 820276Model 801.127.11
Item 822178Model 801.158.11
• Four stackable slot cutters
• An assortment of spacers and shims
• A 1/2" shank arbor
• Cutting angular tenons are a breeze!
• Cuts tenons from 3/16" to 3/8" thick
• Up to 1-1/16" long
• Maximum 1-3/8" thick stock.
• Includes instructional DVD
See 'Ships Direct from Manufacturer' link for warranty and return details.
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 2-4 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
All returns must be in original packaging, unused and able to resell. For return issues, contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for return details. RGA required prior to return. Customer responsible for return freight. Non-defective returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.
- CMT carbide and carbide tipped router bits and saw blades are designed, engineered and manufactured to uncompromising standards for optimum performance and service life. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with the performance of your CMT tools, and the tools were used only for their recommended application and in accordance with CMT's recommendations, you may return them to CMT for replacement. Warranty excludes dull, misused, damaged, or re-sharpened tools.
- THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CMT expressly disclaims all other statements or representations of product quality or performance made by sales representatives or in literature or documents given to buyer.
- The remedy provided in paragraph 1 is buyer's exclusive remedy for all claims and causes of action based upon or arising out of any allegation of product defect. In no event shall CMT's liability to buyer under any theory of liability exceed the purchase price of the product alleged to be defective. CMT's Customer Service # is 1-888-CMT-BITS.
you need to clamp down the tennon to a slide table.......and then push through.....can't hold by itself..you will et grove that you talked about.....
The tenon cutter is designed to efficiently cut a precisely measured tenon. The bit is designed for the router and makes two groove like cuts separated by spacers which define the tenon itself. The problem I had was that as the cutter proceeds into the groove, it creates a curve that sweeps down to the final cutting depth. It then stays steady as the board moves through the cutting space but when you stop there is a curve once again as the bit slows down and stops. I couldn't figure out how to deal with the curves so I had to abandon the tool.