Cedar, Spanish 1/4" x 4" x 36"
Spanish Cedar (Cedrela Odorata) is light reddish brown to dark brown in color. The grain is straight or shallowly interlocked with a moderately coarse texture similar to that of mahogany. Machines and carves well with hand and power tools. Strong yet lightweight. Spanish cedar is really...
Spanish Cedar (Cedrela Odorata) is light reddish brown to dark brown in color. The grain is straight or shallowly interlocked with a moderately coarse texture similar to that of mahogany. Machines and carves well with hand and power tools. Strong yet lightweight. Spanish cedar is really known for its very distinctive fragrance, and thus as the wood of choice for lining humidors, cigar boxes and cigar wrappers. Applications for the wood also include craft projects, high-end cabinetry and furniture, clothing chests, interior joinery, patterns, lead pencils, boat building, canoe decks and musical instrument parts.
- Light reddish/dark brown color and a distinctive scent
- Machines and carves well
- Accepts glue and finish well
- Native to Central and South America
- Thickness: 1/4"
- Width: 4"
- Length: 36"
- (1) 3/4" x 4" x 36" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Articles & Blogs
A Tale of Two Cedars
Not unlike the masked Lone Ranger and his Spanish counterpart Zorro, there are two tree species from different geographic origins that hide their real identity. What they share is a desirable fragrance.
Would buy and reccomend to anyone
This is the first time I've ever used this website and it was just what I needed. I used the piece of Spanish Cedar to repair a travel humidor for my cousin and it worked out perfectly. Except for the obvious difference in wood color due to the age of the original remaining pieces, it turned out very nicely.
Perfect for humidors, great product.
Great experience with woodcraft would definetly not hesitate to purchase from again, was exactly what I was looking for and came in perfect size with very little left over. The best place to purchase exotic woods for those special projects.
Just a simple piece of Spanish Cedar which I cut into dividers for my humidor. The wood was perfect no knots, blemishes or other issues. [...] for a reasonable price, what more could I ask for.
Excellent Quality Cedar - well worth the price
One of many orders to follow!
[...] Using it in a special one of a kind humidor. A little rough using 1/4" next time I will go with the 3/4" I will refer all my friends to WoodCraft
Nice tone and grain pattern
Piece was specifically selected for making Christmas ornaments because of the wood tone and gain.
Cedar, Spanish - 3/8" x 4" x 36"Item 127309
Cedar, Spanish - 3/16" x 4" x 24"Item 124872
Cedar, Spanish - 3/4" x 4" x 48"Item 131610
Cedar, Aromatic - 1/4" x 3" x 24"Item 124133
Cedar, Aromatic - 3/4" x 6" x 36"Item 131494
Spanish Cedar Wood Veneer - 4-1/2" to 6-1/2" Width - 12 Square Foot PackItem 147932
Maple Thin Stock Pack - 1/4" Thick - 2 Square FootItem 827938
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 158893
Padauk Thin Stock Pack - 1/4" Thick - 2 Square FootItem 827931
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 145133