Woodcraft Woodshop - Bloodwood 3/4" x 4" x 36"
Bloodwood (Brosimum paraense) or "cardinal wood" as it is commonly referred to, is a medium to hard wood with red to crimson color and tight straight interlocking grain. The bright, vivid red color...
Item 153702Model Purpleheart 3/4x3x36
- Popular imported wood species known for being exceptionally hard, durable, strong, and beautiful
- Excellent for turning
- Finishes well leaving an exceptional and lustrous red to crimson surface
- Native to South America
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 3/4"
- Length: 36"
- (1) Bloodwood 3/4" x 4" x 36" Dimensional Wood
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
this lumber will make fantastic accents for box making projects
I would buy this product again.
Sale price was great.
The sale price induced me to try this wood. It has a striking red color and is one of the densest woods I have run across. I have not yet cut into it.