Jet - Benchtop Drum Sander JWDS-1020
From Jet, JWDS-1020 benchtop sander packs a powerful 1HP motor that will sand boards up to 3" thick and 20" wide. The innovative patented dust hood ensures dust is funneled to the 4 inch dust port...
Item 166646Model 723544OSCK
- Parallelism adjust dial features a stop to quickly return the conveyor bed to a flat position
- Infinitely variable-speed control allows the user to choose the optimal feed rate
- Open ended design allows for up to 20" of sanding capacity with 2 passes
- Extruded aluminum drum is designed to dissipate heat and protect wood from heat-damage
- Redesigned conveyor system pulls the work piece through the sander instead of pushing
- Toolless abrasive take-up fasteners make changing abrasives quick and easy
- Precision-flattened reinforced steel conveyor bed supports the boards passing under the sanding drum
- Control system with integrated circuit breaker protects motor from over heating
- Motor: 1HP 1PH (single phase) 115V
- Dust Port: 4”
- Conveyor Speed: 0-10 fpm
- Drum Speed: 1725 RPM
- Weight: 73 lbs
Shipping / Billing Information
All shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
To small to be anygood
don't waste your money on this small machine it sands but you can over load it with just bumping this dial it pops the breaker all the time not in the fuse box but on the sander have had it a while and it will get the job done but you would be way better off buying the 1632 for a couple hundred more wish i had had that for thought anyway if your going to use it your going to use it a lot because it takes forever to do its job!
Bent fan shroud
I’m glad that I’d read previous reviews of this machine in which the contact between the fan and the shroud was repeatedly mentioned. It happened to me, too.When my new sander was unpacked and finally ready for a test run, it would not turn on. The motor hummed but the drum did not move. I opened the dust cover to move the drum manually and found that it was hanging up on the fan shroud. So, like other reviewers, I removed the fan covering (three screws) and gently bent to exhaust grill outward so it would clear the fan. Instantly back in business. The Jet works great but this assembly and/or packing/shipping problem should be addressed by the seller.