Baltic Birch Plywood - 1/4" (6 mm) x 12" x 12"
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole...
Items You May Need
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole face, no splices, have no patches (plugs that are used to cover defects) but may contain knot pattern or mineral streaks. The other face, BB, and the inner plies will contain patches and tight and not so tight knots. Both faces are sanded smooth. Multiple-ply edges can be sanded or routed, and the plywood has excellent screw-holding power. The exterior glue used in this plywood makes it suitable for outdoor projects (with an appropriate outdoor finish). Common uses of Baltic Birch Plywood include cabinet backs, drawer sides and bottoms, painted scrollsaw projects, or when building jigs and fixtures.
- B-BB Grade - one face will not have splices or patches
- Higher quality plywood
- Uses no fillers or softwood
- Uses 40% more dense plies than standard plywood
- Thick face plies allow for more resistance to sand-through
- Composed of birch from parts of Russia
- Thickness: 1/4" (5 mm)
- Width: 12"
- Length: 12"
- 1/4" Baltic Birch Plywood has 5 plies
- Manufactured to metric thickness
- All dimensions are nominal and may be slightly undersized
- (1) Baltic Birch Plywood - 1/4" (5 mm) x 12" x 12"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Articles & Blogs
I use it to scroll to making boxes.Great buy and the only place to buy wood from.
I use these panels to paint on, as good as any panel you buy at the art sites at half the cost.
It had tire tracks on it
Good product with no voids and little patching. The tire tracks were a little surprising, but I'm going to sand it anyway, so no problems there.