Baltic Birch Plywood - 1/2" (12 mm) x 24" x 30"
Baltic Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. Baltic birch is graded as a B-BB, which means that one face, B, will be a whole...
- B-BB Grade - one face will not have splices or patches
- Higher quality plywood
- Uses no fillers or softwood
- Uses 40% more dense plies than standard plywood
- Thick face plies allow for more resistance to sand-through
- Composed of birch from parts of Russia
- Thickness: 1/2" (12 mm)
- Width: 24"
- Length: 30"
- 1/2" Baltic Birch Plywood has 9 plies
- Manufactured to metric thickness
- All dimensions are nominal and may be slightly undersized
- (1) Baltic Birch Plywood 1/2" (12 mm) x 24" x 30"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Articles & Blogs
The title may be a little misleading, but not to Design
Press owner, Bobby Rosenstock. The Woodcraft catalog & social media team
visit the local establishment of JustAJar Design Press in Marietta, OH. This
time to capture Bobby Rosenstock's carved artwork, letterpress/ design printing
and other talents for the Woodcraft December 2021 holiday catalog cover
creation. Bobby shows and tells his carving craft using 15th century technology to create an art form that is still viable today!
Beautiful Baltic Birch
I couldn’t have asked for better service and fast delivery of such a large piece of Baltic Birch plywood. Very thankful Delivery service especially during a pandemic To help protect us.
Very high quality plywood
There are no patches on either side, very flat as expected.
Multiple plys, nicely finished on both sides. Perfect for my use. Also, very reasonable and quick shipping.
Used it for guitar speaker back panels
This is my first time using Baltic Birch. I used this material for making back panels on a pair of 2-12" guitar speaker cabinets for guitar. I'm converting the cabs to sealed enclosures. I read some people say Baltic Birch should be dead flat and void free. These pieces were void free but there was about a 1/16" bow accross 30". Not bad and not a problem for me but that was why I gave it 4 stars. Maybe dead flat is expecting too much I don't know. No splices, patches or knotts on either side. If the cabs sound good I might convert two more and I'll buy at woodcraft again
A good quality product
The BB plywood was perfect in that it was flat and easy to work with.
Plywood in smaller than full sheet sizes
The thickness deviations of the plywood created some problems with a recent project. The deviations were more significant than previously experienced with the same product. I'll just have to be more aware in the future. No other problems with the product. I will be making purchases in the future.
Great size for prodjects
I love this wood for projects such as crafts...