2-1/2" Dust Source Rigid Flex Set
Save 25% Now Through August 23, 2018
You May Also Like
• 2-1/2" hose end fittings mate with most shop vacuums and accessories with 2-1/4" I.D.
• Rectangular nozzle can be positioned to capture airborne dust from scroll or band saws and sanders
• Tapered nozzle can be positioned to capture wood chips from routers and drill presses
• Rigid flex dust collection hose expandable to 36" in length
• Includes: rectangular nozzle, tapered nozzle, two hose end fittings and rigid flex dust hose
Purchased this product to pick up shavings from my drill press. Hose will not self support on any angle except straight down. You position the hose and it reverts to straight down. Returning...
I would buy this product again and again
To connect my Fein dust collector to the Oneida Dust Deputy kit and both mounted on a small cart as described in ShopNotes Vol. 19 Issue 109. It works perfecty in my small workshop.
While saving up to purchase a custom duct work system, I've bought the 2 1/2" Dust Source Rigid Flex Set as a stop gap measure. I'm sufficiently impressed to order the 4" model! It works great, and, indeed, the cleverly-designed hose keeps its shape regardless of the bending and twisting. I would have given it five stars if there were a "deep reach" clamp device available. (I purchased an optional magnetic/clamping device, which also works well, but only has about a 1" depth.) I also purchased a couple of "squeeze clamps" that work well with this item. I recommend purchasing both the Flex Set and the squeeze clamps. The latter will significantly facilitate connections.
Great price, minor limitations
The flex tube, connectors and 2 attachments are included at a price way below any competitive product. But it is lightweight; it could be easily crushed and the tube won't hold shapes where it is bent very much near the bottom. But for a lot of uses those are non issues. I gave it 4/5 with the caveat that I am rating it for one of those uses. It doesn't get 5/5 because you have to work out a base for it yourself.