Jet - 14" Steel Frame Band Saw, 13" Resaw Capacity Model JWBS14-SFX
This item is out of stock with the manufacturer. Order now for an early May shipment.
Items You May Need
Item 162295Model PM-1100
Item 165987Model PSW-116146
Item 849653Model 710704K
Item 811138Model 708599
Item 416341Model FSA-197058
Item 840599Model 708543
Item 841363Model 659006K
Item 831959Model 708457DXK
Item 848546Model 50-5999
Item 165994Model PSW-116124
Item 161562Model Goncalo Alves 1/2x3x
Item 161682Model SUPMX-60-4220
Item 424380Model 725004K
Item 166380Model 10-326DVR
Item 424376Model 725000K
With over 13 inches of resaw capacity, the JET 14" SFX Steel Frame Bandsaw leads its class. Dual 4" dust ports allow for maximum dust collection efficiency. The heavy-duty tubular steel welded construction, robust stamped steel doors with welded steel pin hinges, and heavy-duty base provide stability and durability when sawing large workpieces.
Includes aluminum fence.
- Deeper table with a massive 360 sq. in. of cast-iron work surface for greater workpiece support
- Over 13" resaw capacity for cutting large pieces of wood, slicing veneers, and cutting book-matched panels
- Heavy-duty tubular steel welded construction with a total weight of over 300 lbs.
- Dual 4" dust ports for maximum dust collection efficiency
- Independently adjustable, upper and lower ball bearing blade guides
- Convenient 115V AC outlet location for optional accessories
- Engineered die-cast and steel trunnion system allows for single point adjustments when moving table
- Larger machined aluminum fence surface with easily visible measurements for the most accurate cutting
- Robust stamped steel doors with welded steel pin hinges for greater product durability
- Cast Iron Wheels
- Power: 1-3/4 HP
- Voltage: 115 Volt (prewired)/230V
- Recommended Circuit Size: 20 AMP
- Motor Phase: 1 PH
- Table Height: 40"
- Blade Length: 116"
- Blade Width: 1/8" to 3/4"
- Cutting Capacity: 12" W; 13.3" H
- Blade Speed: 3,000 SFPM
- Table Size: 21-1/2" x 17"
- Table T-Slot: 3/4" (x2)
- Table Tilt: 45° R
- Stand Type: Closed
- Dust Collection Minimum Required: 350 CFM
- Dust Port: 4" Outer Diameter (x2)
- Wheel diameter: 14"
- 5-year JET Red Assurance Warranty
Shipping / Billing Information
All shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt: This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 2-5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Jet’s new 14" bandsaw enters a tool category with a large number of competitive models. But this saw has some innovative features that woodworkers will appreciate, especially with regard to heavy-duty resawing. For starters, there’s just over 13" of resaw height, and the saw can accept 3/4" blades.
I purchased this saw from the Oakwood Village, Ohio location. Everyone in there is great by the way. I bought a floor model, so I just had to do small adjustments and this thing runs great. I tested it on some maple that was 4x4. With the stock blade it did fine. As with any bandsaw new you should get a good blade or two seperate. Plenty of power running 110v , fairly quiet. I got this to eliminate a table saw by 95% for my work. Went in for a Rikon, and left with a Jet.
I'm about a month in on the new bandsaw (Jet JWBS14-SFX). I'm happy with it overall. The good: very powerful saw, very sturdy overall build. Love the belt tension and alignment windows and saw adjustments. Table is super heavy duty and sturdy. Included blade works great to start with (5/8"). You'll want to get some other ones soon of course. The bad - I can't believe the fence mechanism they put on this thing. The fence itself is tall and sturdy aluminum (excellent). However, the sliding part that attaches to the table is an absolute piece of garbage. The four screws that you use to square the sliding fence to the table are too short and don't grab threads properly. The fence was out of vertical alignment, so I went to adjust and found that someone who put it together in the factory used a washer as a shim on one corner - sloppy!!!! I fixed the short screws problem by making the holes a little deeper for the screw heads to get a bigger bite on the threads. Seriously, the saw is super nice, I cannot believe they put this Harb0r Fre1ght quality fence system on it. Again, good fence, bad attachment system to the table top. That's all I have to say bad about it. The packaging was solid and it came in two boxes (base and saw). It's palletized. Have your friends ready, it's heavy. Don't forget to order a base for it, otherwise it will sit in the exact spot you assembled it for a few weeks like mine did. And plan to convert it to 220V as soon as you can, it just runs better - though I did not have trouble with it on 110V. On 220, it starts faster and sounds better. You will lose the benefit of the extra 110V outlet after you convert but oh well. Good saw, I've loved it so far. BTW, I compared this saw to some Laguna saws around $1000, and the Grizzly offerings and found that I just got more with this one. I used a black friday sale and got $100 off if I remember right, which helps. Free shipping is huge, as this weighs like 350lbs when shipped. Grizzly charges about $100 for shipping, so add that to your calculations with whatever you go with.