Santoku Knife for Mincing Slicing and Dicing Vegetables - 11-3/4" - Damascus - Unfinished Kit
Save 20% - Get a Handle on Knife Making and Stay Sharp!
A Santoku Knife is the workhorse in a kitchen – excellent for slicing and downward power push cuts. You will find yourself grabbing for this knife first for all of your cooking chores. Now you can make your own custom Santoku knife with this blank.The ZHEN® Santoku Hammered Surface...
Items You May Need
System ThreeItem 159190
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 160087
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 160098
Cousineau Wood ProductsItem 164097
A Santoku Knife is the workhorse in a kitchen – excellent for slicing and downward power push cuts. You will find yourself grabbing for this knife first for all of your cooking chores. Now you can make your own custom Santoku knife with this blank.
The ZHEN® Santoku Hammered Surface Damascus Knife Blank is forged in Japan through a combination of skill, knowledge, and advanced knife-making technology. The blade is made by forge welding 66-layers of steel together around a single core layer of VG – 10 stainless steel (HRC60-62), which creates a high-quality blade. Each blade has a unique pattern on its surface and an edge that remains extremely sharp over an extended period. The hammered surface or tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities that reduce drag and allow food to be released from the blade surface while slicing. Designed with the professional cook in mind, this knife makes a great gift for the cook in your family.
- Zhen knife blanks are designed to meet the standards of perfection demanded by Japanese chefs
- Customize your knife blade by making the handle yourself (sold separately)
- Crafted from 66 layers of Japanese Damascus steel
- Hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities reducing drag
- Maintains an extremely sharp edge over an extended period of time
- Blade Length: 6-1/2"
- Overall Length: 11-3/4"
- Blade Construction: VG – 10 steel core with a Rockwell hardness of HRC60-62
- (1) Knife blade blank
- (1) Set of Rivets
- CAUTION: DO NOT chop bone or use this knife on a hard surface like a glass cutting board, tile, or granite.
- Hand wash your blades with gentle dish soap, rinse clean and towel dry immediately.
- Hone your blades with a steel or ceramic rod weekly to keep them sharp.
- We recommend sharpening your blades with a whetstone at an angle of 15°-20°.
Instructions / MSDS