ZHEN - Nakiri Hammered Surface Knife for Cutting Delicate Vegetables - 11-1/2" - Damascus - Unfinished Kit
The thin rectangular blade of the Nakiri Knife excels in delicate vegetable chores. The curvature in the blade allows for a smooth rocking action. Now you can make your own custom Nakiri knife with...
Items You May Need
Item 153927Model 12-622
Item 159376Model KIAAT KNIFE SCALE 2P
Item 160098Model K10-512
Item 164099Model DKSCHA0.312X1.5X5
Item 161805Model SC80-2SB
Item 161800Model DLC80-02
Item 161803Model DLC80-2C
Item 161802Model DLC80-2M
Item 159203Model SC803-4S
Item 153653Model 153653
Item 153652Model 153652
Item 153654Model 153654
Item 153655Model 153655
Item 161806Model DLC80-21
The thin rectangular blade of the Nakiri Knife excels in delicate vegetable chores. The curvature in the blade allows for a smooth rocking action. Now you can make your own custom Nakiri knife with this blank.
The ZHEN® Nakiri Hammered Surface Damascus Knife Blank is forged in Japan through a combination of skill, knowledge, and advanced knife-making technology. The blade is made by forge welding 66-layers of steel together around a single core layer of VG – 10 stainless steel (HRC60-62), which creates a high-quality blade. Each blade has a unique pattern on its surface and an edge that remains extremely sharp over an extended period. The hammered surface or tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities that reduce drag and allow food to be released from the blade surface while slicing. Designed with the professional cook in mind, this knife makes a great gift for the cook in your family.
- Zhen knife blanks are designed to meet the standards of perfection demanded by Japanese chefs
- Customize your knife blade by making the handle yourself (sold separately)
- Crafted from 66 layers of Japanese Damascus steel
- Hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities reducing drag
- Maintains an extremely sharp edge over an extended period of time
- Blade length is 6-5/8", with an overall length of 11-1/2"
- VG – 10 steel core with a Rockwell hardness of HRC60-62
- Hone your blades with a steel or ceramic rod weekly to keep them sharp
- We recommend sharpening your blades with a whetstone at an angle of 15°-20°
- (1) Knife blade blank
- (1) Set of Rivets
- CAUTION: DO NOT chop bone or use this knife on a hard surface like a glass cutting board, tile, or granite. Hand wash your blades with gentle dish soap, rinse clean and towel dry immediately.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Craft custom knives for your favorite chef or yourself with Woodcraft’s new ZHEN Premium Damascus Knife Kits and Knife Scale Stock. Designed with the professional chef in mind, ZHEN Knives are the perfect gift for anyone who enjoys cooking, whether an amateur or professional, and making the high quality knives is easy with these kits. Years of Japanese knife making skill and technology go into forging the knife blades in these kits.