Woodcraft Woodshop - Zebrawood 3/4" x 4" x 36" Dimensioned Wood
Save 40% Now Through July 31, 2021
Item 06A54Model PAR Z006
Item 180119Model Z006.36
Item 180120Model Z064.24
Item 131576Model PAR Z065
Item 124145Model PAR Z024
Item 124406Model PAR Z002
Item 130795Model PAR Z004
Item 178636Model LAT006.36
Item 153702Model Purpleheart 3/4x3x36
Item 131545Model PAR CHY065
Zebrawood (Microberlinia brazzavillensis) has a light golden yellow heartwood with streaks of dark brown to black. The stripes can be chaotic and wavy (flatsawn), or somewhat uniform (quartersawn). Zebrawood has a medium to course texture, with a lustrous surface that works well with hand and machine tools and finishes well. Zebrawood is used in cabinetry, furniture, inlay, marquetry, paneling, wood sculpture, carving, and for turning specialty items like pens, tool handles and wine stoppers.
- Good polishing and finishing qualities
- A hard, heavy, and very dense wood with good impact resistance
- Turns well
- Dimensionally stable, retains its shape well after machining
- Native to West Africa
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 4"
- Length: 36"
- (1)Zebrawood 3/4" x 4" x 36" Dimensioned Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock and surfaced on 2 sides.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- ¼" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.