Woodthreading Kit, 1/2" x 8 TPI
This threadbox and tap, for cutting external and internal threads in wood, is useful for making clamps, jigs, fixtures, knockdown furniture, toys, and novelties. Although traditional in design,...
- Designed to allow easy chip clearance
- Steel tap is machined to close tolerances
- Cutting od external and internal threads in wood
- Useful in making clamps, jig, and fixtures
- Hardwood threadbox with turned handles has aluminum inserts to prevent wear
Instructions / MSDS
Makes a strong connection between dowel and flat piese of wood. On occasion, when threading the inside of a 3/8ths inch hole, a fracture appears, at least when using a pine board.
Handy tool to have around!
I have the 3/4" version of this & use it all the time. I am hopeing this will serve the same purpose.
Do Not Reccomend
Attempted to thread wooden dowels for childrens work bench. Didn't work on first try. The blade is aluminum and disfigured right away.
I had purchased a threading tool before with good results but this tool came with poor quality cutting edge and I had to return it.