WoodRiver - Patternmaker's or Gunstock Carving Vise
Save $50 Now Through June 30, 2021
In addition to the swiveling jaws, the heavy cast-iron vise body also swivels 360 degrees. The added versatility of a swiveling body makes it possible to work on or off of the edge of a work surface a feature that may be crucial when working with larger items. A good vise is the central hub of your workshop. Every repair or building job benefits from a solid, secure vise.
- Vise body and jaws swivel 360 degrees
- Clamp virtually any shape including non-parallel workpieces
- Perfect for holding table legs for shaping or carving
- Useful for carving gunstock
- Luthiers this a terrific guitar building & repair vise. Use this vise to hold a guitar body while detail sanding it and to securely hold a guitar neck blank while carving it
- The jaws are 4-7/8" wide with a maximum opening of 6"
- Secure to up to a 4-1/2" thick workbench or tabletop with the threaded rod and large winged nut
- Mounting stud size: 5/8" D x 11" L
I too bought this vise for use in making black powder guns. I made some wooden jaws and glued felt over them. I turned to all right. I expect to get a lot of use out of it.
This is an awesome vise. I bought this specifically as a gunstock carving vise. I had seen good reviews on forums and thought I would take a chance. It is great. I am very happy. Woodcraft is a great place to get gouges for carving also. James Turpin say. ;)
This supports carving and wood working in a small New York Apartment. It very versitile.
Great Gunsmithing Vise
The perfect vise for luthiers!
I use it to hold a guitar body while detail sanding it & also it securely holds a guitar neck blank while carving it. It's the perfect vise for luthiers.
Does the job, good price for this type
A gunstock vise can cost a lot of money. This is the best price by far. I use it for woodcarving object that a square-jawed vise won't hold well. But it looks like a typical Chinese import when it comes to quality of steel, so don't bounce it on the concrete.
I like it a lot!
Be aware that it is a lot bigger then it looks in the picture.
Well Made, Sturdy
Most versatile vice I have ever owned. Works great with odd shapes and larger items.