Salt Mill Grinder Mechanism Turning Kit - Ceramic
WoodRiver® Ceramic Salt Mill Grinder Kits offer quality and flexibility. Our kits feature quality ceramic mechanisms that ensure a wonderful grind and are available in four different shaft lengths to provide flexibility. No need to struggle with what length to make your mill – with 6",...
Items You May Need
- Quality ceramic mechanisms
- 6”, 8”, 10”, 12” long shafts offer maximum flexibility
- Easy to assemble and install
- Fully adjustable for the desired grind
- (1) WoodRiver - Salt Mill Grinder Mechanism Turning Kit - Ceramic
- In addition to this kit, completion of the peppermill grinder requires a 3" x 3" turning stock, 7 mm brad-point bit, 1-1/16" and 1-5/8" Forstner bits, Salt and Pepper Mill Jamb Chucks, all sold separately.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Renowned turner, Keith Lackner creates a Salt and Pepper Mill Matching Set with Woodcraft's WoodRiver pre-drilled mill kits. Making a salt/pepper mill is an enjoyable project that produces a useful kitchen tool or a great “anytime” gift! The biggest obstacle to making a salt/pepper mill of any size is drilling the stepped through hole. We’ve solved the problem by pre-drilling our most popular salt/pepper mill blanks in walnut, cherry, maple, mahogany, and padauk. Follow along to learn how Keith takes us through his step-by-step process.
Pretty good kit
I like that you have the option for different lengths. I used the 10” rod (lol). The instructions were pretty good but you need to know the limits of your equipment. It was a learning curve seeing I did both the salt and pepper grinder for my wife’s Christmas present. seemed to work ok in a jet mini-lathe. My drill bit set didn’t have the exact size to bore thru the lower section of the grinder so I went one size up and all the parts still fit. I wish I could show pictures of the process to help others but they don’t have an option here.