Woodlander is a complete and comprehensive guide to managing a small woodland, incorporating nearly 30 years of knowledge and experience from woodsman Ben Law and his unique home in Prickly Nut Wood. Ben’s inspiring, forest-dwelling life has allowed him to put together a complete...
Woodlander is a complete and comprehensive guide to managing a small woodland, incorporating nearly 30 years of knowledge and experience from woodsman Ben Law and his unique home in Prickly Nut Wood. Ben’s inspiring, forest-dwelling life has allowed him to put together a complete package of detailed information and practical examples based on his personal experience, giving this beautiful book an entirely authentic voice. Every page is infused with a deep respect for the traditions of the past while also embracing new ideas, methods and creative thinking. This is a holistic approach to woodland management, which looks at the entire place – the wildlife it supports, the natural cycles of growth and life, the precious products it creates and the communities that inhabit and surround it. All the while, understanding and emphasizing that it is a balance of all these things that makes a healthy, biodiverse, resilient ecosystem. Detailed sections cover different types of woodland, the rich history behind them, how to assess what you’ve got, practical maintenance, planning for the future, promoting wildlife and biodiversity, harvesting and extracting timber, the tools you will need, crafts, social forestry and an in-depth resources section.
- A holistic approach to woodland management
- Types of woodland, rich history behind them how to assess what you've got
- Practical woodland maintenance and planning for the future
- Promoting wildlife and biodiversity
- Harvesting and extracting timber
- Tools and resources needed
- Cover Style: Hardcover
- Product Size: 8.44" x 10.25"
- Page Count: 208
- Author: Ben Law
- Publisher: Guild of Master Craftsman (GMC) Publications
- ISBN: 9781784945572
- (1) Woodlander: A Guide to Sustainable Woodland Management Book by Ben Law
Taunton PressItem 162403