Walnut Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - Quartersawn - 10 Mil Paper Backed
This item has an additional shipping charge
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Walnut wood veneer is sometimes referred to as American walnut or black walnut wood veneer. It has a fine to medium texture, uniform grain...
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Walnut wood veneer is sometimes referred to as American walnut or black walnut wood veneer. It has a fine to medium texture, uniform grain and it finishes nicely with stain or natural clear coat to preserves the warmth and accentuate the color and beauty of the wood’s natural grain. Paper-backed veneer is a real wood veneer permanently bonded to a paper backing. This backing is applied to keep intact the individual wood veneers used to make up the full width of the sheet. A four foot wide paper-backed veneer consists of multiple veneers glued together side by side. The backing also minimizes seasonal expansion and contraction of the wood caused by changes in ambient humidity.
- Applications include furniture repair and manufacture, countertops and shelves and architectural millwork
- Book-matched with precision matched spliced seam lines
- Flexible, making application an easy process
- Pre-sanded and ready to finish
- Consistent color
- Species: Walnut
- Width: 4'
- Length: 8'
- Cut/Style: Quartersawn
- Backing Type: 10 Mil Paper
- (1) Walnut Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - Quartersawn - 10 Mil Paper Backed
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
Shipping / Billing InformationThis is a custom made product and is non-returnable. Once placed, order cannot be cancelled.
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days except for custom orders which may take a couple of weeks.
- This product ships direct from the manufacturer and is considered special order.
- Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states.
- Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Returns allowed only due to manufacturers defect and must be in an unprocessed condition. Defect-related returns must be received within 30 days.If you have a defect issue, contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for details.
When returning product, please include the invoice number or customer number and refer to the back of the invoice for shipping instructions.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.
Articles & Blogs
In our travels to Boston’s New England Home Show, we came across the Woodrow Instrument Company which is located in Southern Appalachian in western North Carolina at the Grove Arcade in downtown Asheville. The Woodrow Company was named after master woodworker, Woodrow Branscombe from Jacksonville Florida. Dan studied under Woodrow for a few years, developing the Appalachian instruments in Woodrow’s shop. Before passing, Woodrow worked in his woodshop into his early 90′s. Woodrow grew up during the depression and being from the old school, he would use every scrap of wood including making projects from pallet wood. Dan said, “The major lesson I learned from Woodrow was his patience working with wood and products, learning how elements react with each other and how to manipulate those elements to make them work together.” Dan remarked, “You can’t buy that lesson in any school!”