Walnut - 1/4" x 1-1/2" x 16"
Black walnut (Juglans nigra) heartwood can range from a lighter pale brown to a dark chocolate brown with darker brown streaks. Color can have a grey, purple, or reddish cast. Sapwood is nearly white. It has a medium texture, the grain is usually straight, but it can be irregular. Black...
Cutting Boards are a classic woodworking project and an especially useful gift. We have removed some of the steps and waste by milling the stock for you. All you need to do is select the wood, arrange it in your own pattern, glue, clamp and sand. All of the cutting board slats have been milled all four sides and should need no additional machining before glue-up. Using these slats it is easy to create cutting boards, cheese boards, trivets etc., and an excellent way to start a segmented bowl.
- Popular domestic hardwood
- Prized for its rich, dark brown color and ease of use
- Glues, stains and finishes well
- Native to Canada and USA
- Thickness: 1/4"
- Width: 1-1/2"
- Length: 16
- (1) Walnut - 1/4" x 1-1/2" x 16" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827939