Used with both the Tormek T-7 and T-3 sharpening systems, this Square Edge Jig is comprised of an upper base with a lower clamp and two locking knobs for fixing the tool. It slides on the Universal Support on nylon bushings across the grindstone, and the edge angle is set with the micro adjust on the Universal Support. The jig is designed for grinding towards the edge with the Universal Support placed vertically and for honing away from the edge with the Universal Support placed horizontally. Two safety stops prevent the tool from slipping off the stone when grinding: one inner stop to be positioned according to the width of the tool and one outer stop mounted on the end of the Universal Support. The jig automatically lines up the chisel to its upper, flat side so the tool always mounts correctly and grinds at 90°. (Conventional jigs need manual alignment.) The lower clamp has a ridge in the center enabling shorter tools with a tapered shank (for example, Japanese chisels) to be firmly mounted. The upper base, which lines up the tool, is designed so the clamping pressure is distributed to the ends and the tool mounts firmly without a heavy tightening of the knobs.
- Square edge jig for use with Tormek T-7 and T-3
- Two safety stops to prevent tool slippage
- Automatic lineup of chisel to its upper, flat side for correct mounting and 90 degree grinding
- Grinds toward the edge when Universal Support is vertical and hones away when support is horizontal
- Adapts for shorter tools with a tapered shank