Rotfix Penetrating Epoxy Wood Sealer Kit - 24 oz
RotFix® is an easy to use, low viscosity epoxy wood sealer, primer, and consultant for repair and restoration of rotted, deteriorated, dried out or spongy wood. It is a component of The End Rot System Kit. RotFix® creates a sound, waterproof base for repair and restoration filler putty....
- Penetrates deep into deteriorated and rotted wood creating a strong, solid base for restoration
- With this bottle you can accurately measure, mix and apply RotFix® in batches from 2 oz. to 7 oz.
- Two part system features an easy 2:1 mixing ratio
- Apply by pouring or brush
- Reliably cures at temperatures as low as 35°F
- 100% solids formulation is low odor and solvent free
- Flows like water for superior penetration into wood and most porous materials
- Can be used on damp wood
- Use to harden soft, "punky”, wood as a base for further repair
- Seals wood permanently to prevent future moisture penetration
- Size: 24 ounce kit
- Product Type: Epoxy wood sealer and consolidant
- Application Method: Pour, brush or roll
- Mix Ratio by Volume (Resin: Hardener): 2:1 or 100:50
- Mix Ratio by Weight (Resin: Hardener): 100:43
- Total Solids: 100%
- Mixed Viscosity: 325 CPS
- Mixed Color: Amber
- Hardness, shore D (24 hour cure @ 77°F (25°C): 75
- Minimum Application Temperature: 35°F (2°C)
- Working or Gel Time @ 77°F (25°C): 30 Minutes (100g mixture)
- Full Cure @ 77°F (25°C): 72 Hours
- Material VOC: None
- (1) System Three Rotfix - Resin - Part A - 16 fl. oz.
- (1) System Three Rotfix - Hardener - Part B - 8 fl. oz.
Looks Great so Far
Make sure you wear disposable gloves. I have the top Rails of my deck finished to avoid splinters for guests. I have used this product to fill in the soft places in the grain that show up after a few years. It's hard to evaluate durability right now. Get back to me in 10 years.
epoxy penitrated punky wood and filled cracks fairly well. Think the use of a vacuum sytem would improved proformance.